Just got my exc-f 500 2017 bike, feels like a moped, where is the power?

Just picked up a exc-f 2017 euro bike. Comming from a sxf 450 the exc feels like a moped. I would like a little bit more snap at the bottom so I can lift up the front wheel over rocks and stuff real easy with just giving the bike a blip on the throttle.

I tried a SXF silencer on the bike and it was a step in the right direction but I dont know if it will pass the sound controls at the races. The limit is 114 db on wide open throttle.

any ideas?

Is the exc-f US and euro bikes exectly the same? I have been reading some stuff you US guys do to your bikes so I wonder if that will work on mine.. tps tool, intake and end cap change.

my 17 500 was a mess at first. using the FMF Q4 under 100 db :thumbsup: but needed a map adjust and 52th rear sprocket , then remove the read box in the intake and adjust TPS

I love Torque but oem version of the 500 sucks next to a 300xc w wouldn't compare. my bike now has 475mi and its been the king of the mountain or the desert and if I wanted to fly around the local mx track it would be a blast

you got an awesome bike but it needs a diet and some adjustments then you be happy

49 minutes ago, Airboss/oc said:

my 17 500 was a mess at first. using the FMF Q4 under 100 db :thumbsup: but needed a map adjust and 52th rear sprocket , then remove the read box in the intake and adjust TPS

I love Torque but oem version of the 500 sucks next to a 300xc w wouldn't compare. my bike now has 475mi and its been the king of the mountain or the desert and if I wanted to fly around the local mx track it would be a blast

you got an awesome bike but it needs a diet and some adjustments then you be happy

Do the Swedish bikes come with the reeds and smog stuff too? Should be able to hit map #2 on the bar and rip?

Edited by xrbrp

Where are you guys sending your ECU's to get the Euro map?

US CA folks cant get that option here because dealers here will get their pee pee slapped if they even think about it.

How much time or km do you have on it? Mine felt pretty weak until I got about 10 hours on it, it's better and seems to be making more power. Sounds a bit louder too, all stock so far.

19 hours ago, gitenby said:

What gearing do you have?

Stock gearing I think.. 14/54 or 52? I can check later. I also thinks the gearing is very tight, 1-3 feels very close ratio.. I got 13/48 sprockets lyin around from my sxf bike, that might fix that issue?

8 minutes ago, mx4all said:

Stock gearing I think.. 14/54 or 52? I can check later. I also thinks the gearing is very tight, 1-3 feels very close ratio.. I got 13/48 sprockets lyin around from my sxf bike, that might fix that issue?

if you have either of the 14/54 or 14/52 changing to 13/48 would not be helping you out any..

Does your bike have a map switch and traction control on it?

Edited by xrbrp

16 hours ago, Airboss/oc said:

yeah it feels like it cant breath..I dont think i got the reed valve in the intake.. I will check for sure tomorrow. But I think I will have to do something with the exahust and then adjust the tps.

I dont know if buying a sxf silencer, a end cap from ktmandhusky.com or buying a aftermarket exhaust is the best choice. will have to do some research about that.. if someone here uses the end cap or any other exhaust, please let me know your opionion on what you have.

Is the Q4 100db on wide open?? what db is the OEM at?

1 minute ago, xrbrp said:

if you have either of the 14/54 or 14/52 changing to 13/48 would not be helping you out any..

It would make me shift less, right? But the bike will be even less snappier?

also oem map doesnt have the accelerator pump feature, a pretty important feature imo

16 hours ago, xrbrp said:

Do the Swedish bikes come with the reeds and smog stuff too? Should be able to hit map #2 on the bar and rip?

I dont think it got the reeds. Smog stuff I dont know, how do I check if I got that shit?

I got a mapswich yes, didnt feel any big difference thoug.. Whats the difference between nr 1 and 2 maps? Since the bike is sold in Sweden I guess it got the euromap ofcourse and not the US map.

13 hours ago, Lrantanen said:

How much time or km do you have on it? Mine felt pretty weak until I got about 10 hours on it, it's better and seems to be making more power. Sounds a bit louder too, all stock so far.

It got 20h on it so I dont think it will get any better without any changes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

also oem map doesnt have the accelerator pump feature, a pretty important feature imo

I think the euro bikes got it.. heard it in a Youtube video, but I dont know what it does really?

2 minutes ago, mx4all said:

I dont think it got the reeds. Smog stuff I dont know, how do I check if I got that shit?

I got a mapswich yes, didnt feel any big difference thoug.. Whats the difference between nr 1 and 2 maps? Since the bike is sold in Sweden I guess it got the euromap ofcourse and not the US map.

The difference between Map 1 and Map 2 is the million dollar question to those of us in CA.  I'd like the opportunity to experience it myself.  Map 2 is supposed to be the G spot though. 

1 hour ago, xrbrp said:

Does your bike have a map switch and traction control on it?

yes I got the mapswitch and tc.

2 hours ago, mx4all said:

I think the euro bikes got it.. heard it in a Youtube video, but I dont know what it does really?

When you wack the throttle it injects added fuel, means the difference between a wheelie and no wheelie, especially running Tall gearing. However it has to be tuned just right for the most effectiveness.  Too lean or too rich kills or limits the feature. I think BDS mentioned it in one of their videos that the euro map had more punch when crusing and you wack the throttle, so that map must have it set to some degree.

• Like 1

The EU EXC's don't have the reed valve in the intake but it does have a restrictor in the boot that comes right out. But you'll need to increase fueling with it removed by flashing it with the EU off road map. And if I was looking for quiet with the least restriction I'd go with the Q4 instead of an endcap personally.

23 minutes ago, jefro56 said:

The EU EXC's don't have the reed valve in the intake but it does have a restrictor in the boot that comes right out. But you'll need to increase fueling with it removed by flashing it with the EU off road map. And if I was looking for quiet with the least restriction I'd go with the Q4 instead of an endcap personally.

okey, I will check if there is any restrictor in the boot. What map does they come with? and what map is map 2 on the mapswich?