KLX 400 oil leak from overflow tube

Just bought a 2003 KLX 400. I have oil dripping from the overflow tube that comes out right buy where you check/fill the oil in the frame. Where should I start my diagnosis? I have read about oil leaks from elsewhere and oil in the air box but the air box is clean. This seems very odd being this is the highest place on the bike to leak from. Do I have a vent somewhere that's blocked? Help!!!!!

Edited by Motorman1974

That tube goes from the location next top the filler to a fitting at the top of the head just in front of the spark plug. It should have clamps on both ends of the hose/tube. Are you clamped at both ends?

This hose is running all the way under the bike. So your saying it should be connected to the motor somewhere?

It's hard to tell in the first pic but it's the metal tube with the black tube attached. It's located just below the filler cap and the hose runs all the way under the bike

Yes what Gary said ... my '17 DRZ has that hose connecting to the valve cover. It can be seen on the right side on top of the valve cover towards the front.

• Like 1

WTF? Get a clean tube and route that thing to your valve cover! Is the input to the head capped off?