Weisco crank slips into new bearing

So I just bought a weisco bottom end kit for a kx60 everything looked fine at time of purchase. I started my rebuild this morning and as I set the crank into the case (clutch side) it dropped right in without needing to be pressed. The bearings are new that came with the kit. Is this normal is there any risk of running a crank that is loose in the bearings

Not acceptable.  Do both bearings drop over it or just one?

Just another example of the nonexistent Wiseco quality.  I would not use that kit.

• Like 3

That happens to alot of cranks and bearings sometimes no matter what kind . Most you can use your weight and push in anyway.  It will be fine. Just make sur you pre lube rod bearing, crank bearings and wrist pin bearing and pin with the twostoke oil you use:thumbsup: always good to give the seals alitte strech and alitte grease also

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Motox367 said:

That happens to alot of cranks and bearings sometimes no matter what kind . Most you can use your weight and push in anyway.  It will be fine. Just make sur you pre lube rod bearing, crank bearings and wrist pin bearing and pin with the twostoke oil you use:thumbsup: always good to give the seals alitte strech and alitte grease also

OP was saying his crank just dropped into the bearing without needing any pressure to seat. doesnt sound right.

• Like 1

OP was saying his crank just dropped into the bearing without needing any pressure to seat. doesnt sound right.

That is correct!

Not acceptable.  Do both bearings drop over it or just one?
Just another example of the nonexistent Wiseco quality.  I would not use that kit.

I will have to check later today if the stator side slips on.

1 hour ago, DylDog said:

No I understand if its like loose that you can feel play. But I've had this happen many times and the other side will be much tighter.  Have not had one come back cause of that. I remember I was worried about it too. Was one of my yz250 race bikes . Lasted while season.  I raced A class 4 moto's a weekend. But if it like loose loose then ya I agree. Below pic is a kx65 I did few months ago.  Still ripping and you know how kids ride them all day lol. It slipped right in also but was not loose20170203_191709.thumb.jpg.6a756ffdc95e836072e1c2080ea836e9.jpg

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

No I understand if its like loose that you can feel play. But I've had this happen many times and the other side will be much tighter.  Have not had one come back cause of that. I remember I was worried about it too. Was one of my yz250 race bikes . Lasted while season.  I raced A class 4 moto's a weekend. But if it like loose loose then ya I agree. Below pic is a kx65 I did few months ago.  Still ripping and you know how kids ride them all day lol. It slipped right in also but was not loose20170203_191709.thumb.jpg.6a756ffdc95e836072e1c2080ea836e9.jpg

The crank drops right in on the clutch side. Also I turned it around to see if the bearing was bad but it dropped into the stator bearing as well. The case will need to be pressed on the stator side it doesn't seem to slide in. There isn't free play around the bearing but I can just drop in the crank. I know they make slip bearing cranks but this one caught me by surprise and I started second guessing myself before I glued the cases together
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Four square T said:

The crank drops right in on the clutch side. Also I turned it around to see if the bearing was bad but it dropped into the stator bearing as well. The case will need to be pressed on the stator side it doesn't seem to slide in. There isn't free play around the bearing but I can just drop in the crank. I know they make slip bearing cranks but this one caught me by surprise and I started second guessing myself before I glued the cases together

So you have it together then? Let us know how she runs.  If you did everything right then I bet it will:thumbsup: oh and I use yamabond for cases not glue :ride:lol and just lightly do one side both is overkill.  Oemm barley puts any on. 

• Like 2

So you have it together then? Let us know how she runs.  If you did everything right then I bet it will:thumbsup: oh and I use yamabond for cases not glue :ride:lol and just lightly do one side both is overkill.  Oemm barley puts any on. 

It's not together just yet I wanted some input before I joined the cases. I am waiting on the cylinder jug to get re-plated (about two weeks)before I can get it started. The guys at the dealership recommended Hondabond because it's grey in color and yamabond is black.

If it just dropped into the bearing then don't run it, they need to be a interference fit.

11 hours ago, Four square T said:

Ya alot of them are like that but not loose.its your call ofcourse 

Ya alot of them are like that but not loose.its your call ofcourse 

I contacted Wiseco this morning and they said it needs to be pressed in. They said to ship it back to them and they will send me a new kit.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Four square T said:

I contacted Wiseco this morning and they said it needs to be pressed in. They said to ship it back to them and they will send me a new kit.

Bet it does the same thing lol that's good tho goodluck man:thumbsup:

Bet it does the same thing lol that's good tho goodluck man:thumbsup:

Thank you! I will keep you posted. I lowered my expectations of Wiseco, if it does the same thing I going to go a head with the rebuild.