Forks compressed down and won't go up.

My forks are down and won't go up I just installed the front tire back on could I have done it wrong? Please help asap!!

Check if you lost a spacer between the wheel and the forks

Possibly tightened the axle too much and causing the fork ends to go inwards and bind. Seen thus happen on a friends 125

Torque axle to spec with all pinch bolts loose.  Tighten left pinch bolts to 14 ft-lbs, pump suspension up/down while applying front brake, tighten right pinch bolt.  When all is said and done, the right side of the axle (with hex) should end up being recessed about 1mm into the axle holder.

Edited by mossman77
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, mossman77 said:

Torque axle to spec with all pinch bolts loose.  Tighten left pinch bolts to 14 ft-lbs, pump suspension up/down while applying front brake, tighten right pinch bolt.  When all is said and done, the right side of the axle (with hex) should end up being recessed about 1mm into the axle holder.

well played...

5 minutes ago, bigred242 said:

I fixed it thanks everyone

So what was the verdict? 

1 hour ago, bigred242 said:

I put the wrong spacer in which caused the forks to bind

Nice. Glad it was an easy fix. 

Skin

23 hours ago, mossman77 said:

Very excellent! Amazing how so many don't know how to align the forks.

Edited by YHGEORGE