Is it worth the money?!

So i just sold my bike and am looking for a ktm 125 or 150. Around me you cant touch a 2010 or newer 125 or 150 ktm for less than 2800. But i found this bike for 2000, so is this worth the money as it is?

Heres his listing with pictures of the bike.

2008 125sx mint condition. Almost everythings new or been gone over. Fmf pipe and silencer, new foot pegs, gripper seat, levers, bars, triple clamp, rear hub, top end, hoses. Would consider partial trades for aftermarket wheels and tires for superduty. Or Chevy 2500hd body parts( front clip and long box). IMG_1092.PNGIMG_1093.PNG

i would figure out how many hours since the last top end but it looks pretty good.

and is it just me but it looks like it has the newer number plate + front fender found on 2011+ bikes?

Also id see what weight/class the bike is sprung for.  Could be a $1000 you didn't think of if the suspension sucks and needs service.

• Like 1

Almost ten years old, if it checks out it is at the top of the price range for what it is.  Unless you're dying to own a KTM the Japanese 125's are better all around than the 08 KTM imo, even if they are slightly older.

FWIW one of the best 125's I ever owned was an 02 YZ 125.  They are pretty much the same still other than aluminum frame (no thanks) and the SSS suspension.  

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 2

Yeah, after looking at the bike i think im going to pass, got more pictures and kinda looked rough. I found this though.https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/6150957122.html
Firm on price said he cant go less than 2900. Seems like a nice bike but it books for 2600

9 minutes ago, Dirtbiker227 said:

Yeah, after looking at the bike i think im going to pass, got more pictures and kinda looked rough. I found this though.https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/6150957122.html
Firm on price said he cant go less than 2900. Seems like a nice bike but it books for 2600

Yeah, much better bike, but really overpriced even at 2900.  Used bike prices are insane right now.

Yeah, much better bike, but really overpriced even at 2900.  Used bike prices are insane right now.

Yeah it is super overpriced, everything is in used bikes like you said, so why?

30 minutes ago, Dirtbiker227 said:

Yeah it is super overpriced, everything is in used bikes like you said, so why?

Wish I knew, but I know they are selling generally speaking.  I've sold 2 bikes this year, one in 2 hours, one in 6 hours for top dollar.  If the bikes are good people will pay eventually it seems. 

New 150sx 0 hours about 7grand

almost 8 year old 150sx, unknown hours is 3?  Crazy. 

Wish I knew, but I know they are selling generally speaking.  I've sold 2 bikes this year, one in 2 hours, one in 6 hours for top dollar.  If the bikes are good people will pay eventually it seems. 

New 150sx 0 hours about 7grand
almost 8 year old 150sx, unknown hours is 3?  Crazy. 

Yeah it really is crazy, makes it had to get a good deal on a bike for not some crazy amount of money especially for a kid who gets money mowing lawns and stuff to buy dirtbikes. I just found a 2008 yz125 for 3200.. that bike books for 2300. If they are selling for these crazy prices then why is kbb still showing that bike is 2300 for excellent condition.
  • Like 1

I sold both my 150sx  in the last 2 months.  The 14 i sold had less than 50 hours on it and was spotless and had extra goodies.  Got 4k for it and was happy to get it. So 3k for a 09 or so is just stupidly overpriced. 

9 hours ago, poldies4 said:

Almost ten years old, if it checks out it is at the top of the price range for what it is.  Unless you're dying to own a KTM the Japanese 125's are better all around than the 08 KTM imo, even if they are slightly older.

FWIW one of the best 125's I ever owned was an 02 YZ 125.  They are pretty much the same still other than aluminum frame (no thanks) and the SSS suspension.  

^ pretty much this.  

yz125 all day long.   I had an 05 few years back, bought it in 2008 for $1800.  Amazing bike, I should have never have sold it.  If i every pick up a modern 125 it will be an 07+ yz125 or bust.  If you want a 150 though go for the KTM but be ready to pay stupid money for a used 2 stroke dirt bike.  

• Like 1

As an old geezer (55) who is fanatical about 125s and has owned a ton of them (currently two YZs), I would suggest you not focus on the brand at all when looking for your ride.  Any 125 built since 2000 can be one of the best motorcycles you will ever own.  Look for the most unmolested (stock) bike you can find, and make it your own.  

• Like 2

I own that gen 150.

All I could really wish for is a plusher suspension setup. I dont think it gives up anything to the other bikes other than this.

Paid 3K aussie. All the other 125s were priced at around 4k AU. I am more than content.