Sat June 10 GT

long range forecast says maybe some showers on Friday.    I will be ready to Ride on Saturday.  GT or FH.

GT 043.jpg

GT 026.jpg

I'd love to hit GT but this weekend is out for me. Hate to miss a free corn dog too! 

Edited by mudduck

update: no corn dogs for me either. Saw my cardiologist today.  The heart test last week,  showed MY Afib has weakend my heart a lot on left side, probably been in this condition for a while. It's definitelly why I am so fatigued and then winded after picking up my bike even once.   Now she wants me on blood thinners, more tests to see if any other conditions are there, and if all goes right, they will Electro shock me out of this conditon in 3 weeks from now, but keep me on blood thinners for 6 more weeks.   And if the Afib stops, my heart should regain some strenght over the summer  READY for fall 2017 riidng:thumbsup:.   Only good news is my heart valves are in good shape. Blood pressure and heart rate all good

Till I get Afib fixed and off blood thinner, Doctor says my ridng should be gentle girl scout cookie rides and only with other people around.   So I guess it's Prarie City for me this summer, except when I find a buddy now and then to ride GT Darling ridge or Lower FH easy stuff.  I told the Doctor FU if you think I am going to only walk around the block each night and stop dirt bikes or kayaks.   She said no worries, just do more weekly walking too, something about adrenaline of weekend only Fun that aggravates it.     So no more Donkey Barstow canyun trails  till I get out of this condition

Then she sald drink less alcohol on the weekend, and I told her F U on that, hell I aint gonna die from boredom. Besides the drunker I am the better I play the blues. 

I did agree with her to cut out the corn dogs.  

My american strat plays like butter.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

I'm down for a ride Saturday as all my normal riding buddies are busy.

I was at Mace Mill last weekend and can concur that the mosquitoes were terrible.

I can be there at 8:00.  Should be pretty good conditions after the rain.

Mace Mill right?

yes, look for me in my new Brown F150 and my Husaberg.   thanks

I'll be in an old white Dodge Cummins with a slightly newer KTM.

3 hours ago, bigbob said:

update: no corn dogs for me either. Saw my cardiologist today.  The heart test last week,  showed MY Afib has weakend my heart a lot on left side, probably been in this condition for a while. It's definitelly why I am so fatigued and then winded after picking up my bike even once.   

Good luck Bob..... Maybe time to go to a lighter bike? 2 stroke maybe? No, mine isn't for sale! :lol:

• Like 3

Good Job Skipper!

I admire you for keeping it up! :thumbsup:

He's got the transmission in correctly!  The hardest part is done!  Baby Steps! :rolleyes:

New bearings, new piston, new blinker fluid, new tires, new crank. This bike is gonna be brand new when he's done.  I'm trying to get him to buy new plastic so it looks pristine!  But who'd a guessed it????????????? He likes that "used" look. ;)

images.jpg

Edited by superslyko

work is so political these days, I look foward to dirt bike saturdays.    Hey could be worse, a HS surf buddy for all these years didnt pay attenion to a sore on his finger, last yeasr it grew into as serious type of skin cancer and now today after a year of treatments and surgeries his right arm is being amputated.   The spread wont stop there I am afraid, but what do you do?   

:ride:  :cripple:  :ride:

2 hours ago, bigbob said:

rain was pretty good this morning in Sacramento

Yep but probably not enough to knock down the dust for Saturday.  At least the temperature should be perfect.

update: no corn dogs for me either. Saw my cardiologist today.  The heart test last week,  showed MY Afib has weakend my heart a lot on left side, probably been in this condition for a while. It's definitelly why I am so fatigued and then winded after picking up my bike even once.   Now she wants me on blood thinners, more tests to see if any other conditions are there, and if all goes right, they will Electro shock me out of this conditon in 3 weeks from now, but keep me on blood thinners for 6 more weeks.   And if the Afib stops, my heart should regain some strenght over the summer  READY for fall 2017 riidng.   Only good news is my heart valves are in good shape. Blood pressure and heart rate all good
Till I get Afib fixed and off blood thinner, Doctor says my ridng should be gentle girl scout cookie rides and only with other people around.   So I guess it's Prarie City for me this summer, except when I find a buddy now and then to ride GT Darling ridge or Lower FH easy stuff.  I told the Doctor FU if you think I am going to only walk around the block each night and stop dirt bikes or kayaks.   She said no worries, just do more weekly walking too, something about adrenaline of weekend only Fun that aggravates it.     So no more Donkey Barstow canyun trails  till I get out of this condition
Then she sald drink less alcohol on the weekend, and I told her F U on that, hell I aint gonna die from boredom. Besides the drunker I am the better I play the blues. 
I did agree with her to cut out the corn dogs.  
5936f4a64a832_Myamericanstratplayslikebutter.jpg.17a1c41fbf07d6f97d818e57fbed1352.jpg

Prayers sent your way!
  • Like 1

thanks. I have been reading up on this condition. pretty common. Mayo clinic suggests the exact same treatment plan as my doctor plans for me, so there is comfort in that. Put me in blood thinners, do a deep dive photo of heart to see any problem areas, then electro shock (defibulate) my heart back into normal rhythm. That day is just 2 weeks from now. then my heart should grow stronger over the summer. be ready to pick up my bike more easy by fall. Till then I huff and puff my way out of jams. the key is to not fall down. I need trails that my bike don't fall down on .

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, cobra46 said:

I'll be in an old white Dodge Cummins with a slightly newer KTM.

my bike and gear is loaded  , see you at Mace mills.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1