2013 450SXF Won't Stay Running!

My very well maintained stock 2013 450SXF with 55 hours on it won't stay running. The bike randomly stalled on track. It will barely fire and idle for about 10 second and if given any gas it will die instantly.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any advise for me?

Thank you, Will

Fuel filters or injector?

Fuel filters or injector?

Already have replace fuel filter, it was clean and didn't help. Have not yet tested the injector.

Fuel filter in tank gets dirty and can ruin the pump

I am currently seeking a fuel pressure gauge. Does anyone know the PSI Spec?

Fuel pressure is well in spec, so theoretically I call rule out the pump or filters being an issue correct? With that being said it would also be impossible for the injector to be clogged/dirty if the fuel filters are good?

I was able to get the bike to run long enough to confirm it isn't throwing any codes on the F1 light.

2 hours ago, mog said:

Yes could be injector

How can I go about testing that?

On 8/5/2017 at 6:40 PM, xfire said:

Any chance water in fuel?

nah I drained the fuel and put fresh gas in it

On 6/29/2017 at 3:37 PM, mog said:

Look on Utube

Had the injector cleaned and flow tested and that isn't the problem unfortunately 

I have just purchased the same bike.  No problems with it but I did a lot of reading after buying to see if there were any issues to watch for.  I found this article.  May be worth checking as they seem easy and cheap to do.

(1)

Check your bike’s fuel line at the quick release. If you had the gas tank off recently it is possible that you didn’t fully click the fitting back together fully. Unlike a carbureted bike, gasoline will not run out of the fuel line of a fuel-injected bike. If the quick release isn’t fully engaged, your bike won’t start because it isn’t getting any fuel through the lines. Additionally, check the small white fuel filter that is inside the quick release fitting. Pull the filter out, with a scribe, and hold it up to the sun to see if it is clogged. You can replace it for under $10 or just back flush it.

(2) If that isn’t the problem, check the fuel pump plug at the back of the gas tank. It could be loose and can be fixed by just pushing it into its fitting. Secondly, this electrical fitting often gets corroded and needs to be cleaned with contact cleaner and coated with dialectic grease. When the fuel pump is working you should hear a clicking sound. No clicking — No go.

(3) KTM has had some issues with the fuel lines kinking inside the gas tank. Although, this rarely stops the bike from starting, it does make it run sporatically and often quit. You can check this yourself, by removing the access panel at the rear of the gas tank and checking the hoses inside the tank. It doesn’t take much of a kink to restrict fuel flow to the engine.

(4) Finally, your throttle position sensor may be out of whack. This was a problem back in 2011 and 2012 and hasn’t been too much of an issue over the last couple years, but it can happen.