CRF450X front and rear spring for CRF 250L?

Sorry if this is an absurd question, but is there any way to reuse or convert springs (front & rear) from a 2006 450x to my 2013 250L?

17 hours ago, Scott Hair said:

Sorry if this is an absurd question, but is there any way to reuse or convert springs (front & rear) from a 2006 450x to my 2013 250L?

When there is a will there is a way .... :thumbsup:  

HockeyRick put CR forks on his bike. I know there is a head bearing chart around here somewhere that shows what bearings you need to put the whole CRF450X front end on the bike.

Just springs will not swap as the CRF250L only has 43mm forks and the 450 has 48mm or bigger.     

• Like 1

You can fit other forks by boring/shimming the stock triples. When you buy them......try to buy the whole front end, so you don't have to monkey around fitting the 250l wheel and caliper to the wrong forks.

• Like 1

From experience, the axle is the main thing so need a hub, the caliper mounting plate needs to be modified slightly. Adapting the triples was easy, I did this to keep all the front junk If you use othe triples, the angle might be a bit off and change the ride characteristics. But so far has worked out great, love 12"! if your height impaired, think of something else!