KTM 250 SXF Cylinder Head Crack

I have a 2012 250 SXF and the cylinder head has a very small crack on the backside near the intake, the crack is so small that it is almost not visible. The crack does not affect any of the water ports in the head however it leaks a small amount of oil and has caused the bike to not run consistently, I believe due to changing pressure in the engine. Im curious if there is a cheap fix to solve the problem for a little while until i can afford to replace the head, possibly JB Weld on the crack or some other type of sealant, or maybe a small weld to seal off the crack? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

No sealants will work. You would have to get it welded and re-machined. 

https://www.davemackie.com/shopservice.html

Search for 'motorcycle head work' in your zip code

The real issue is why it cracked....which is over heating.....so you need to address that too, by upgrading the water pump and radiators....a common problem on the 2010-13 SXF line.

• Like 1

Krannie, if it cracked due to over heating wouldn't it have cracked at a water line in the head? Also one thing i forgot to mention is that it seemed to have happened immediately after doing a top end on the motor.