2-stroke Tusk pipe guard, exhaust wrap?

I've got a Pro Circuit platinum pipe on a CR250R. I bought a Tusk guard for it, and have some exhaust wrap on hand. I'm thinking of wrapping the pipe under where the guard covers. I've read good things about wrapping 2-stroke exhausts but never tried it. I live in a very dry climate so corrosion from moisture isn't a big concern.  Any thought good or bad about the idea? Thanks.

Wrapping the pipe will make subtle changes to the power curve, but inconsistently and not always beneficially. All it does is raise the temperature of the exaust, which increases the frequency and amplitude of the pressure waves, moving the power curve up in the rpm range and sacrificing some low-end torque. But because the loads vary so do the exhaust temps, so the effects of the wrap are constantly changing. And as I said, the effect is quite small anyway, it's not really worth the effort and possibility of corrosion.

It also looks like shit in my opinion.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Spanky!

The wrap on hand is red, it might look cool under the guard. I was thinking minimal coverage just were the guard actually covers. I'm leaning towards not doing it but it's sort of a interesting concept.

IMG_1859.JPG

at one time, I thought of getting my pipe on my ktm  2 stroke ceramic coated, but wasn't really sure if it would be beneficial vs. the cost of getting it plated. Sure would look cool though

Little Jeff

I decided to just go with the guard the wrap would have just been messy and who knows...I

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

• Like 1