2008 WR250f coolant reservoir question

I didn't see anything in my service manual concerning coolant in that reservoir under the rear fender. My Raptors require coolant in their reservoirs, is this the same for the WR or is it only an overflow catch and then gets sucked back in the radiator as it cools? Thanks..

The one on your WR250F works the same way as any other coolant reservoir - any expanding coolant gets pushed into the reservoir, and as the cooling system cools down, the coolant in the reservoir is sucked back in.

So, you need to add some coolant in order to keep the end of the hose in that reservoir submerged so you eliminate the possibility of it sucking air.

There are even high and low marks molded into the reservoir.

I triple checked this morning on my reservoir. There are no marks molded into it. Thought I was pulling a duh moment making this thread after you responded about those marks. Thanks for the info though, now I know and will put some antifreeze in there as well.

Does anyone know where you can find a replacement reservoir? Mine is cracked and I don't think I'm gonna be able to save it