Gas Bubbling

2014 with about 10 hours on it.  Bone stock.  90F day.  Riding Indiana woods at a pretty decent pace and gas was bubbling in the tank like crazy...looked like boiling water and some gas was puking out of the hose onto the back of the front fender.  Never had the issue before in 4 previous rides.  Engine did not seem to be running hot (no coolant puking).  Bike ran fine the entire time with no hesitation, popping, etc.  Any ideas?  Son was riding an identical bike, bone stock as well, with no such issue.  I thought the vent hose might be pinched shut, so I made sure it was good, but gas was still bubbling like crazy in the tank when I stopped the next time to check it.  I did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for....thanks.

You might want to switch brands.  Seriously, consider trying an alternative to whatever you're pouring into the tank.  The blend might be just old, or it might be have a very high ethanol content, or a number of things.  Then too, you might reach underneath things and see if the pump is getting exceptionally hot.

Thanks, Gray.  Changing gas brands is an easy enough thing to try.  In searching this forum, I had read about bad gas potentially causing this, but I would have thought that both bikes would have been affected, as they are identical and were both filled with gas from the same can.  :excuseme:  The gas was fresh out of the pump, though that doesn't necessarily mean it was of good quality.

Seems really odd to me that the bike ran just fine with the fuel bubbling like that in the tank.  Crazy...

7 hours ago, riciol said:

The gas was fresh out of the pump, though that doesn't necessarily mean it was of good quality.

Doesn't mean it was fresh when it came out of the pump, either.

Mines boiling just about everytime I stop, on  three different bikes, in the summer.

If it's hot and humid out, it happens. Even though the humidity is not supposed to affect the boiling point, it sure seems to!