Part out or sell

Bikes an 04 crf450r runs perfect front forks just rebuilt I want a newer fuel injected bike I could prob get 2000 grand for the bike as is. Is it worth parting the whole bike out and get more?

2 hours ago, powers145 said:

Bikes an 04 crf450r runs perfecit front forks just rebuilt I want a newer fuel injected bike I could prob get 2000 grand for the bike as is. Is it worth parting the whole bike out and get more?

My vote Is sell It.  If you part It out, you end up with a bunch of parts that didn't sell plus It's a PITA. 

Plus there Is less demand for 02-04 parts. I have new 03 parts sitting on ebay since the earth's crust cooled and nothing. :rolleyes:

Edited by HRC27
  • Like 2

Just simply asking opinions it's not up for sale or part out as of now just seeing if ppl have parted out was it worth it or not? Not trying to break any rules

Just simply asking opinions it's not up for sale or part out as of now just seeing if ppl have parted out was it worth it or not? Not trying to break any rules

On 6/7/2017 at 1:54 PM, Chrisy Wright said:

&%$#@! that's good where you from if you don't mind me asking ? I got myself a 14 450 twinpipe efi love it !!!!!

I think one of you might be thinking British Pounds and the other is the Dollar...

CRF450s still go for $2200-3500 in soCal.

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 4:51 PM, powers145 said:

Bikes in my area don't go super cheap quick sell I could get 1700-1900

I'd gladly take a $500+ loss not to deal with the headache and leftover parts. I'm short on room and patience though. :rolleyes:

From what I've seen in my local area (CA) for an 04 they go between $1,400 - $2,200 depending on condition.   I couldn't even get $3K for a low hr. 08 model with aprox. 20-25 hrs. of run time since new.   I agree with the majority on selling the bike instead of parting out.

This is the 08 I sold last summer.

08%20CRF450r%20pic%201.jpg

Edited by H4L
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 7:32 AM, H4L said:

From what I've seen in my local area (CA) for an 04 they go between $1,400 - $2,200 depending on condition.   I couldn't even get $3K for a low hr. 08 model with aprox. 20-25 hrs. of run time since new.   I agree with the majority on selling the bike instead of parting out.

This is the 08 I sold last summer.

08%20CRF450r%20pic%201.jpg

I think you just made a colossal mistake. Some newer tires on that thing, and better advertising and you could have easily gotten 2800 for it, in a week.

8 hours ago, Shawn_Mc said:

I think you just made a colossal mistake. Some newer tires on that thing, and better advertising and you could have easily gotten 2800 for it, in a week.

I think you misread my post.  The 04 models range from $1,400 - $2,200.

I ended up getting $2,900 for it.  I was surprised I couldn't get $3K for it as clean as it was with the low hrs..   I had it listed for $3,200 & took about 4 months to sell considering it's regarded as the holy grail of 450's pre EFI models. 

Edited by H4L

On 6/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, H4L said:

I think you misread my post.  The 04 models range from $1,400 - $2,200.

I ended up getting $2,900 for it.  I was surprised I couldn't get $3K for it as clean as it was with the low hrs..   I had it listed for $3,200 & took about 4 months to sell considering it's regarded as the holy grail of 450's pre EFI models. 

The 08 is obviously lauded as an xlnt machine but it is 10 years old now.... hard to fetch more than what you got when you can get a low hour 13 for about a grand more. While everyone on these forums says they'd donate a kidney to have one the reality is what the market brings. 

• Like 1