CLe Elum ORV Park Ride 6/17-6/18

48 minutes ago, Noah Rodgers said:

Hey, a buddy of mine and I are heading out to Cle Elum to do some trails in the ORV park. If there's anyone who wants to join or anyone who knows the area well and can give some tips, please hit me up the more the merrier!

what ORV park in CleElum are you referring to?

17 minutes ago, Noah Rodgers said:

This ORV park: http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/washington_01783/ride_8e1f.htm

Me and my friend made a dirt bike bucket list before I move out of state and this Cle Elum ORV park is on the list.

ah ok, that is more commonly referred to as Taneum, not CleElum ORV.   you might get more responses if you refer to it by it's assumed name.   although, it might be a bit disappointing for a bucket list item,  i'm not sure much is open right now, as of last weekend only 1 lower loop was just opening up, and it's a small loop;  not sure if the upper stuff, (the good stuff), has been cleared yet. before making the trip you might want to call the cleelum ranger station to inquire as to what you will be able to access.  ? 

Edited by DRS
  • Like 1

There is no Cle Elum ORV park, and Rider Planet is wrong to call it an "ORV area", it's the Cascade mountains. Many of the Forest Service traiis are open to motorcycles and other ORVs. These public trails are shared with other user groups such as horsemen, hikers, MTBs etc. Many of the higher elevation trails won't be snow free until July this year.

The web site above is a good place to get factual information.

Edited by motovita

9 hours ago, Noah Rodgers said:

Hey, a buddy of mine and I are heading out to Cle Elum to do some trails in the ORV park. If there's anyone who wants to join or anyone who knows the area well and can give some tips, please hit me up the more the merrier!

I will be out riding that time period, maybe you can join me and anyone I'm riding with. You came here looking for help and fun. Sorry you got some less than helpful or courteous responses. 

Theres plenty to ride out there! Maybe just got to work a bit for it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

I will be out riding that time period, maybe you can join me and anyone I'm riding with. You came here looking for help and fun. Sorry you got some less than helpful or courteous responses. 

Theres plenty to ride out there! Maybe just got to work a bit for it. 

what the hell are you talking about?  every single post in this thread appears to be aimed at helping him.

2 hours ago, DRS said:

what the hell are you talking about?  every single post in this thread appears to be aimed at helping him.

It is Hell, not hell. It is a place and therefore should be capitalized.  Hell, the lower part sucks, the higher part is where the fun is. If you need further assistance, call Satan. 

We are here to help you go to Hell, and our customer service representatives are standing by to help you get there. 

44 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

It is Hell, not hell. It is a place and therefore should be capitalized.  Hell, the lower part sucks, the higher part is where the fun is. If you need further assistance, call Satan. 

We are here to help you go to Hell, and our customer service representatives are standing by to help you get there. 

i'm already there...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Really? Don't know what to say.  Sad actually. If it is a place, have you been there?

Little Jeff

Edited by Little Jeff

How am I ungrateful? Just trying to save the guy a whole lot of gas $ to go riding when  nothing is really open yet. No major loops anyway. You should know that politics and religion don't mend to well together so I would suggest to keep your religious beliefs and political views to yourself and stick to the subject of what the original ? was from the original post that started all this. Ungrateful huh?...............................Sorry to everybody who has to read all this. Pretty petty actually

Edited by Little Jeff

16 minutes ago, Little Jeff said:

How am I ungrateful? Just trying to save the guy a whole lot of gas $ to go riding when  nothing is really open yet. No major loops anyway. You should know that politics and religion don't mend to well together so I would suggest to keep your religious beliefs and political views to yourself and stick to the subject of what the original ? was from the original post that started all this. Ungrateful huh?...............................Sorry to everybody who has to read all this. Pretty petty actually

Sorry you can't handle obvious humor. Good grief, a little reflection and you'll see that while you and others may have had good intentions, you missed the point. 

The op was reaching out as a noob and wanted to ride with his friend and others as a bucket list thing. For all we know he's being shipped overseas to defend the country or? 

Instead of offering to guide him or give positive answers, you overthought it with others and gave him a lecture on the name, told him riding there was not a good idea, call an 800 number, or check a website. Gee, with help like that why would someone join the nw forum here?

if op is asking about putting a nail into the plywood, then tigertanker is there. We'll ride the shit out of them woods and send him off to wherever with great satisfaction. 

Theres a damn gravel road goes all up to manastash, we can hit jeep trails from there. Snow, mud, wtf, who cares. Did that last Memorial Day weekend and had a blast. 

Sorry I had to spell it all out for you. But you weren't getting my humor/point. 

• Like 1

Going to the website and calling the ranger office, they will have the most up to date information on the trails system as a whole and not specualations as to what may or may not be open. Would you be upset if you drove over 150 miles or however many, it doesn't matter only to find out there was only a 17 mile loop open. I suppose if your were plated you have a lot more options as to riding on gravel roads and such but not everyone is plated. Like I say, it would be better to wait  a few more weeks as he will be able to ride a lot more trails. That's all I'm saying

Little Jeff

• Like 1

Ok, internet conveys humor and sarcasm poorly. All is good. I mean no harm  

And as long as my schedule and health ever allows, I'll ride with folks that ask, need a guide, or just wanna have a cool off road adventure. 

• Like 1

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for all of the replys! I do understand Little Jeff's concern and it makes sense and thank you tiger tanker for willing​ to show me the area. I've called a few different ranger stations and checked multiple Cle Elum trail websites and personally emailed the person in charge for clearing trails in Taneum. There will be snow but my friend and I are going to make a camping trip out of it so eaither way we're pretty pumped. Like Tiger tanker said, I'm sure we can have some fun no matter what. They said there should be about 40miles+ by then open to ride, snow right now starts at 4,000ft, and the South side will melt the snow quicker. Thanks again everyone for all the great ideas! I've been part of this forum for years but this was my first actual post and the first time I'll be riding in an unfamiliar area. TigerTanker, if you want to fine me on FB so I can get ahold of you when we're down there that would be sweet. Thanks one last time everyone!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Noah Rodgers said:

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for all of the replys! I do understand Little Jeff's concern and it makes sense and thank you tiger tanker for willing to show me the area. I've called a few different ranger stations and checked multiple Cle Elum trail websites and personally emailed the person in charge for clearing trails in Taneum. There will be snow but my friend and I are going to make a camping trip out of it so eaither way we're pretty pumped. Like Tiger tanker said, I'm sure we can have some fun no matter what. They said there should be about 40miles+ by then open to ride, snow right now starts at 4,000ft, and the South side will melt the snow quicker. Thanks again everyone for all the great ideas! I've been part of this forum for years but this was my first actual post and the first time I'll be riding in an unfamiliar area. TigerTanker, if you want to fine me on FB so I can get ahold of you when we're down there that would be sweet. Thanks one last time everyone!

Thumbs up!

Pack a folding saw in case you do come across smaller logs that are manageable.