tusk wheel swap help!

I purchased a set of tusk impact wheels from ebay (a reputable seller) for my 2001 yz250. HOWEVER. after installing tubliss and a brand new tire i go to install the wheel and BEHOLD!!!! the bearings on the new tusk wheel are not the correct size for the axle of the yz. I called RMATV and confirmed that there has not been a wheel compatable with an 01yz250 made........ frustrating considering the $ spent so far. looking at the images below... does anyone think/know of a solution? id prefer to swap out the bearings in the tusk wheels for ones that will work... instead of sending the new wheels back. 

yzout.JPG

yzin.JPG

axle.JPG

tuskin.JPG

tuskout.JPG

Looks like you need a 6004-RS 2RS bearing.

These are non standard.

I assume this number based upon a 12 mm wide bearing.

Edited by mrcribbs
wrong word

Looks like you got Tusk F rim/wheels. The 2001 250 2 stroke is the same as 2002, 3, 4, etc. The only diff is front spacers. Just replaced bearing is a 02 I purchased with an 01 front hub and spacers. Rears have been same for a while. 

I got two sets of spacers with my wheels to work on pretty much all years YZ.

Yeah, I 'd have thought he'd have gotten the two sets, too. They normally ship that way.

ok thanks for the help everyone! so basically there was a screw-up from where i ordered the wheels... the correct spacers are in the mail now! they only sent me one set.. all good! pics will be posted this weekend

• Like 1