Shorai lithium failure

2nd time I bought a new Shorai and it failed. First time was 6 years ago and they sent me an upgraded model no questions asked. 

Just installed a new one in my FX and it stopped holding a charge after a day. Put old Yuesa in and no issues.

Filed a warranty claim today mentioning I had a previous failure and got an email reply saying 2 failures must be my fault or the bikes fault. Also tried to tell me maybe I should maybe have run the higher CCA model even though it's not required. Email then went on to tell me I was on the hook for shipping old battery and for the new one. They won't ship a new one until they get the failed unit. Email had a bit of a condescending tone. I'm pretty unimpressed. Brand new battery fails and I'm expected to incur expenses to deal with their junk product. 

Purchased from RMATV. 

Last Shorai product I will ever purchase or recommend. 

• Like 1

I've had mixed results with Shorai. I'm running one in my 09 KTM 300, has worked fine, but the previous one I had for the bike was flakey.

For my Beta I recently replaced the stock Yuasa with the same (new) thing, a bit heavy but 100 percent reliable.

• Like 1

Weird I run one in my ktm250sxf and love it. I never have to charge it and my bike always fires right up. My friend has had his Shorai battery for 4+ years and it still works like brand new. And he's on a big 450 ktm. I guess you just have bad luck with the company.

The replacement they sent me years ago worked great for a long time. I'm just unimpressed with the attitude they gave me.

i called them and told them I was not happy with the email. I also told them that the battery straight up failed and there is no issue with the bike. The CSR admitted that the batteries do fail or you can get a bad one. He was pretty reasonable. I still have to pay to send it To Shorai but they will send a new unit free of charge and cover the shipping to Canada. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ckny said:

The replacement they sent me years ago worked great for a long time. I'm just unimpressed with the attitude they gave me.

i called them and told them I was not happy with the email. I also told them that the battery straight up failed and there is no issue with the bike. The CSR admitted that the batteries do fail or you can get a bad one. He was pretty reasonable. I still have to pay to send it To Shorai but they will send a new unit free of charge and cover the shipping to Canada. 

That does suck, but pay the shipping as you'll get a new battery....

2nd time I bought a new Shorai and it failed. First time was 6 years ago and they sent me an upgraded model no questions asked. 
Just installed a new one in my FX and it stopped holding a charge after a day. Put old Yuesa in and no issues.
Filed a warranty claim today mentioning I had a previous failure and got an email reply saying 2 failures must be my fault or the bikes fault. Also tried to tell me maybe I should maybe have run the higher CCA model even though it's not required. Email then went on to tell me I was on the hook for shipping old battery and for the new one. They won't ship a new one until they get the failed unit. Email had a bit of a condescending tone. I'm pretty unimpressed. Brand new battery fails and I'm expected to incur expenses to deal with their junk product. 
Purchased from RMATV. 
Last Shorai product I will ever purchase or recommend. 

Is why I haven't switched, the Yausa's are really cheap now since the Shorai came out.