Suzuki RM100 year and carb help

I have a Suzuki rm 100 I'm not exactly sure what year it is the frame vin is RM100-29820.

Also im not sure if the correct carb is on the bike, does anyone know what carb comes on this bike and what jetting it should have? I can start the bike but when I turn it off and start it again the motor idles up like crazy and has to be shut off. 

I will say, and I am probably totally wrong, but I recall that my 1975 RM-125 had a TK carb on it.  I had never seen one of these before and have never seen one since.  This could just be my "oldtimers" disease kicking in however.

Edited by GlennRay
Gave the bike 2 cc's too many!

I do know for sure that the RM-125 in 1975 had a down pipe that ran underneath the engine and the 1976 and later RM-125s all had up pipes.  I believe this was true of the RM-100s as well.  The previous years TM-125s all had down pipes as well.

Edited by GlennRay

Post a pic if you can.

There was a significant change in the design of the frame around the footrest swingarm pivot around 1980 so it's quite easy to differentiate between early and later models.

It's a 79 model RM100N - frame numbers started at 28312

80 model RM100T frame numbers started at 33044

• Like 2

Here's some pics thanks for the info on it being a 1979 RM100. Does any one know what size the factory carb is and what size jets it should have? I'm having some issues with major flooding and run away idle after restarting it. Want to make sure it's the right carb on the bike and proper jetting. Thanks 

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

• Like 1