HELP Viper 150cc dirt bike

Just bought a viper 150cc dirt bike. Anyone know if and which name brand parts are interchangeable for this? It's brand new but I want to get name brand plug, carb, exhaust, etc for it. 

dont waste your money... you cant polish a turd.  hate to burst your bubble but that bike is junk and wont last this summer.   it doesnt need a new carb or exhaust.. you dont just throw carbs on things all willy nilly.    ride it around, wear out a few critical parts within weeks, and save that exhaust money for a newer bike in the future.  those chinese bikes just dont last.  

• Like 1

That bike has a Honda CG clone engine, which is useful to know if have to get parts for it on eBay or Alibaba, that engine was never sold by Honda in North America, but it is a good design. The bike itself is not a clone of any particular bike, unlike the horizontal engine Chinese pit bikes, which are clones of XR 50s, 70s and KLX 110s. You won't find an aftermarket exhaust for it, and it would be a waste of money anyway.

I'm sure you can find an NGK plug that will work. You can also find a keihin or mikuni carb that will bolt on, also the better quality keihin clone carbs will be much better than what it came with. You may have to rejet it, so make sure whatever you get has different jets available. 

To be honest, that bike doesn't have a lot of potential, (some China bikes do, but not this one), the only thing I would mod on one of these is the carb. 

This can be a somewhat reliable play bike, or trainer if you're willing to through every nut and bolt on the bike, which is what you should do to any new Chinese bike. It will never be worth doing any real upgrades on it. Enjoy it for what it is and save your money for something better next time.

Change the motor oil frequently, check for loose spokes after every ride, and blue locktite on nearly ever screw, nut and bolt.  Replace the chain with a name brand chain after a few rides. It is probably a 420 or 428. 

• Like 1

Thanks man! Anyway you could link me the specific carb and plug that'll work for this bike? I can't figure out which ones will work and I don't have the bike yet to see the plug or carb. Want to purchase it before the bike arrives 

I don't mean to sound like a dick. Just being honest here with no sugar coating.

What do you figure a new plug is gonna do? If you expect it to double the power, you will be sadly mistaken. You'd be lucky to see/feel a 1% increase in power. A 10 degree drop in weather would do the same to your hp due to denser air...

Ride the bike first before stockpiling hundreds of dollars of parts that won't fit on it, and if they somehow do, won't add one bit of power

If by some chance you can increase the power significantly.. Say bye bye to EVERYTHING else... Clutch. Tire. Sprockets, chain, wheel bearings. Rims.

Read post #3 again. He explained it pretty well. Seems like you completely ignored everything he said.

What do you think a carb costs?

What did you pay for the bike?

Do you have any idea how fkn annoying and time consuming jetting is to deal with?

Learn from our mistakes. Save yourself hundreds, If not thousands of dollars. Have fun on the bike, but don't try to make it into a full fledged race bike that belongs on a magazine cover.

Found the plug, my bad for wanting name brand parts for what I can convert to name brand? I don't give a &%$#@! about performance gains. I want performance reliability. Aka name brand plug, air filter, and carb. The simple and cheap things. Jetting isn't a problem for me. Just don't know what carb will work. I own many toys and bought this just to mess around on

Why didn't you just buy a name brand bike then? You're gonna have $1500 into this thing and it'll still only be worth $450. A used cr80 would be a million times funner to experiment with and ride into the ground

Performance and reliability don't go together. It's one or the other. (Unless you wanna spend tens of thousands) Why do you have such little faith in the stock carb, air filter, and spark plug of all things??

You have no idea what can of worms you're opening with the carb. They're far from simple. I can see the throttle cable being a complete nightmare, amongst a dozen other things.

Wait till you get the bike and at least ride it for a week. Save that money for the parts that will break in the first few rides.

If you're a bigger dude, or an adult. The bike simply won't last

Carbs are simple to me. I have no faith in the carb because they're always junk on knockoff bikes. I spent $880 on this bike brand new instead of $1500 on a used 150 that's been through who knows what. I want to spend $100-$200 to spiff it up a bit. All I want is a carb that'll work. If you can't answer that then get off the post? lol I'm pretty sure I didn't post "looking for internet expert to tell me what not to do on MY bike" thanks. 

Learn the hard way then. Good luck buddy. Youll need it.

I'm not going to learn the hard way. You made so many assumptions about my knowledge from my post that it hurts. Clearly neither of us know what aftermarket carb I can put on it. Thanks for informing me of basic knowledge anyone would know though 

I can't figure out what the stock carb that comes on the viper 150cc dirt bike is. If anyone can inform me of what it's called or tell me what air filter it comes with that'd be great, want to buy a name brand one since they're so cheap. 

On 6/7/2017 at 8:48 PM, Alex Hance said:

I can't figure out what the stock carb that comes on the viper 150cc dirt bike is. If anyone can inform me of what it's called or tell me what air filter it comes with that'd be great, want to buy a name brand one since they're so cheap. 

Take it off, measure it with a digital caliper, and you will be close. Don't worry about jetting, the whole reason carburetors were used for 100+ years is that they mostly work no matter what you do.

The Chinese knockoffs are built in batches from available parts. No two batches have the same sources for any parts. But it simply doesn't matter. If you want a real carb, make sure it has the same diameter and get a Keihn, Mikuni, etc. that you like. Get any K&N filter that fits.

But I don't see why you want to change the carb. Sure, the stocker is poorly made to crappy tolerances, but as long as it runs, ride it. When it stops, you will have learned to ride, maybe had some fun. And you will have learned something.

In my experience, a half-way decent used dirt bike costs $2500 or so. I've bought a Honda for $1200 and had to put $1000 worth of parts (tires, bearings, chain and sprockets, spokes, etc.) and then ended up putting $300 worth of things like bashplates. I've bought a used KTM for $2200 and had to put $500 into freshening it. I'd set a max spending limit of $100 on your Chinese knockoff, and save the rest for a decent bike, but hey its your money and time.