2001 RM250 UPGRADES

I'm 12 years old, and I just got my dad's old 2001 RM250, I tore off the old graphics because they were peeling already, I was wondering what I should get to upgrade it and make it more MINE if you know what I mean. I already got new grips for it and mainly just want help finding good graphics for it under the 80 90 dollar range. If you have any suggestions or tips for me that would be great, for coming from a kx65 to a 250IMG_20170603_123623_789.jpg

With a limited budget, on an old bike like that the best 'upgrade' is maintenance.

For one, that chain is adjusted way too tight.

That's quite a step, going from a 65 to a 250, be careful.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advise too! Before I ride o always lube the chain, check oil, check coolant, bleed my forks, check my airfilter, and torque my bolts! I want this bike to last me a while!!!

4 hours ago, mlatour said:

For one, that chain is adjusted way too tight.

Not if its in gear   :p

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OGxZephyr said:

Yea but the thing is. It wasn't haha

Yeah but mlatour didnt know that   :naughty:

• Like 2

Save money for tires chain oil gas. Graphics aren't necessary.

Well of course haha, yea I was thinking for the type of riding I am doing, i was thinking of going TUbliss? Seems like if you're out riding you can just plug it and go...

And excellent traction and easier tire changes too.

Yea they sound really good thinking of getting them for my dad's cr250 and my 250

On 6/6/2017 at 1:18 PM, OGxZephyr said:

I'm 12 years old, and I just got my dad's old 2001 RM250, I tore off the old graphics because they were peeling already, I was wondering what I should get to upgrade it and make it more MINE if you know what I mean. I already got new grips for it and mainly just want help finding good graphics for it under the 80 90 dollar range. If you have any suggestions or tips for me that would be great, for coming from a kx65 to a 250IMG_20170603_123623_789.jpg

good carby tuning goes a long way to making the bike ride able and more enjoyable imo

search suzuki needle to see what i mean

• Like 1

good carby tuning goes a long way to making the bike ride able and more enjoyable imo
search suzuki needle to see what i mean

Yea for right now the carb is pretty clean it's very snappy and responsive, but I know that my dad's 1998 cr250r, the needle was a little fat and it wasn't that responsive until he moved it a little. Thanks!

Try out a flywheel weight on there for a while. I have an 05 and it's an animal even for my 230lb self 10oz-13oz weight defiitely calms the snap down with out really loosing power. Once your a lot more familiar/comfortable with you can take it off. Think steahly's kit is like $100-$120 but id recommend that for someone comin off a 65

• Like 2

Here is the list of upgrades to my 01 RM 250 which have tamed the power and put it lower

Sthealy 12 oz sthealy fly wheel weight ( there is only one size available for the 01)

FMF KNARLY and powercore 2. The knarly pipe brought the power to the lower Rpms for woods and the powercore sounds good and has a spark arrestor

Sdg seat. They sell the complete seat for like 120$ and it's got good grip and doesn't feel that bad.

Boysen reeds help it run a little better and keep everything in shape

These are just some mods to help with power

Forget the graphics. If the bikes 16 years old it's going to have problems that are more urgent than it looking pretty.

• Like 2