Jump to content

Life after mx for my son.

Recommended Posts

My son Sam Thurman retired after racing LL last year. It was mom and money induced. I guess the fear of injury as well. It was so hard to walk away. He has taken up filming at all of the area and regional qualifiers he can make it to. It's nice to be making money instead of spending money at the races now! He does "edits" as they call them at the races. Affordable and cool! He will be at LL this year filming instead of racing. Here is his recap of Gatorback two weeks ago. I love that he still gets to go to the races and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. his instagram is samthurman_. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great story. The speed these guys go every week, he should stay involved if he really likes it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he raced at LL he's done good. My good freind mentor will be at north east regional this weekend.  +40 +45 has made Loretta every year since 02' . It's tough competition.  I myself have made regionals in +25-+ 30 but man  their fast I never qualified. Also I havnt raced mx since 14 planning comeback I'll be 40 this year. Awesome that he's doing what he loves still very cool and good luck to him :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will probably be back someday. He raced 450B limited and 450B mod. He did well last year. He raced woods until 2014 and took up MX in 2015. I was surprised he made it in the B class in his first full year to try. Thanks for the kind words!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rich Thurman said:

He will probably be back someday. He raced 450B limited and 450B mod. He did well last year. He raced woods until 2014 and took up MX in 2015. I was surprised he made it in the B class in his first full year to try. Thanks for the kind words!

That's impressive.  He's on the gas. Will make a very good vet rider someday maybe.  

Edited by Motox367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2017 at 6:50 AM, Rich Thurman said:

My son Sam Thurman retired after racing LL last year. It was mom and money induced. I guess the fear of injury as well. It was so hard to walk away. He has taken up filming at all of the area and regional qualifiers he can make it to. It's nice to be making money instead of spending money at the races now! He does "edits" as they call them at the races. Affordable and cool! He will be at LL this year filming instead of racing. Here is his recap of Gatorback two weeks ago. I love that he still gets to go to the races and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells. his instagram is samthurman_. 

 

Great video! Have him check out my contest in this section of TT. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great vid. Filming and editing is something that he can turn into a career and stay in the sport. Does he have a Youtube channel? I would subscribe.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gmurr said:

Great vid. Filming and editing is something that he can turn into a career and stay in the sport. Does he have a Youtube channel? I would subscribe.

 

Yes. I believe its his name Sam Thurman also his instagram is samthurman_   Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×