THINKING ABOUT BUYING A 450RX

Has anyone gone from a beta 300rr to a crf450rx if so how did ther find it powerwise and is the weight difference a problem.also does anyone do a cooling fan for the 450rx yet the reason im asking is im a 52 year old hare and hounds racer and here in the uk a lot of the courses are woodland the beta is less than a year old and i am sick and tired off having problems with it,my last honda was a highly tuned crf250x which i absolutely loved although that was 4 bikes ago.also i have the powervalve turned out on the beta so it makes more power and it hits from tickover which is my personal prererence.

I have a 250rr and a 450rr, and picked up an RX, had the suspension done and it's as good as any Yamaha stuff, thermo-bob thermostat, Raduis X, Pro Moto end caps, s/a and turn downs. 

I mostly bought this bike for 3 hour ice endurances and it's perfect for that, the end caps toned it down a smidge and the Radius X stopped the stalling but your still riding a 60 hp bike. I tried it at an enduro last sunday and struggled, the guys on the 2017 450 husky's and KTM's seem to be able to turn the power down more and use traction control  and do just fine, that Honda is a 60 hp MX bike with a kick stand, great when the trail is open but not a vary good tight woods bike.         

thanks for the reply yes that is what i was expecting to be honest shame really because you cant beat honda build quality most of the european stuff seams to be nothing but trouble after they are a year or so old

thanks for the reply yes that is what i was expecting to be honest shame really because you cant beat honda build quality most of the european stuff seams to be nothing but trouble after they are a year or so old

Press kept saying that the 450R was slow so here's Hondas response . Now it's too fast, lol.

You could prolly just install a G2 throttle cam to tame delivery.

• Like 1

I bought a new rx in march for playing around on, also have a new r as well, have fitted a rekluse core exp clutch, which is great for my type of riding, but a month ago I fitted a g2 throttle with the 400 cam and it's tamed it down a lot, there is still plenty there but it's now nice and controlable even in the standard mapIMG_0238.thumb.JPG.36fd74092d194779880c3e60293d694d.JPG

• Like 2

the power is not the main issue for me what I am more concerned with is the weight has anybody gone from a 300 2 stroke to a 450rx and if so how was it

I race my 250rr most of the year, other than ice, I'm 55 and you can't toss it around like the 2t and it feels tall and you feel the extra 30 lbs.

After a 60 mile enduro last week my shoulders said, race your Beta next time goof ball.      

i think that what you are saying about the extra weight has convinced me the 450 is not right for me i remember selling my crf250x and buying a new 2015  ktm 200 and couldnt believe how light it was so its back to the drawing board,thanks for your help..