So I ordered new Xtrainer 300 and looking for best starter setup

Hi

Today I ordered new Xtrainer 300 and I'm looking for best starter setup. This will be my first 2 stroke.

Is there anythihg I should check, change or add before first ride?

Thx

I'm a 25 year vet rider in Ohio at around 900' elevation. I changed the fork oil to 15 weight by the 2nd hour. I also set the rear sag to around 70mm and cranked the rebound dampening.

It runs pretty good stock, but I dropped the main to 150 for summer riding, put in a NECJ needle, removed the power valve cover spacer, cut out the airbox snokle and bolted on FMF Gnarly pipe. She's a pretty sweet trail machine now.

After the 1st good ride, be sure to retorque all of the fasteners.

• Like 1

I suggest you just check it (nut and bolt) and ride it. Everyone wants to do all these mods before riding the bike. Long term you will be happier if you ride it a bit stock and go from there. :).

If you are talking the BYOB, I had gotten the spring-loaded clutch and brake levers and am glad I did as I've had at least two or three spills on each side and the levers, thankfully bent back and didn't get bent or broken.  

I'm not a fan of handguards and don't run them.  I took off the ones that came with the bike as I just don't like the look of them.  I've never had an issue with my hands being hit by anything.  

I have 9 1/2 sized foot/boot and am also glad I got the hammerhead, shorter gearshift lever.  

The rear shock preload adjuster was also nice as I can crank up or down to easily make the preload adjustment.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

If you are talking the BYOB... 

The Xtrainer isn't available via the BYOB program.

• Like 1