Original vs Alternative brand (Wiseco, Tusk, etc)

I have a 2011 KX450f that i have to do almost all the engine. I'm a very very amateur rider, i only use the bike 3 to 5 hours a month, and i have to plans to use it more than that.

So i was wordering if not using original Kawasaki parts is going to make any diference for me, bcs the price of alternative brands is about 50% vs original

10 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Which parts. OEM is usually best on some things like seals and bearings.

I need:

Entire Clutch Kit

Entire Piston Kit

All 4 Valves and 8 Locks

Entire Connecting rod

The 2 ball bearing

Complete Gasket Kit

Motor Chain

And things between... filter, valve seals, Cover oil pump, etc

Edited by Patricio Fink

My experience, bikes, cars, boats, motorcycles, etc, I've always had the best luck with OEM parts.  When it comes to aftermarket parts I've had some that were as good as OEM (but not better) to parts that wouldn't even fit and everything in between.  

Living in the Detroit area I know a lot of automotive engineers.  I know several who work for Monroe (shocks and struts).  They make the shocks and struts for many of the OEM manufacturers.  They also make many aftermarket versions with their own branding and other branding.  I asked them when I need shocks if I should buy OEM or Monroe shocks from an auto parts store.  All 3 of them said in unison, "buy from the dealer".  They said the OEMs hold they to much higher standards and it's a much better product.

Doc

A forged Wiseco aftermarket piston is likely an improvement over stock, but a Wiseco crank kit is a piece of garbage.  Aftermarket clutch parts are probably okay.  I would stick with Kawasaki for the valves and timing chain.  Aftermarket gaskets are usually okay too if you use a reputable brand.

• Like 1