ID this Handle bar

Pics below, slid the pig a few Fridays ago, trying to figure out which bars the PO used so I can get the same ones as I believe I bent these LOL. I think they're 1-1/8" from what I can see and pro-taper sticker but I'm not sure if that was from another part on the bike..

As always, thanks for your guys' help!

IMG_20170606_131954.jpgIMG_20170606_131943.jpgIMG_20170606_132005.jpgIMG_20170606_131933.jpgIMG_20170606_131925.jpg

23 minutes ago, TheLittleYellowThatCould said:

Pics below, slid the pig a few Fridays ago, trying to figure out which bars the PO used so I can get the same ones as I believe I bent these LOL. I think they're 1-1/8" from what I can see and pro-taper sticker but I'm not sure if that was from another part on the bike..

As always, thanks for your guys' help!

IMG_20170606_131954.jpgIMG_20170606_131943.jpgIMG_20170606_132005.jpgIMG_20170606_131933.jpgIMG_20170606_131925.jpg

Yep.....ProTaper.....1-1/8". There's 2 choices, but the Contours are the least expensive and for all intents are the same. Look like "Silver" because the "Titanium" are slightly grey in color.

Yep.....ProTaper.....1-1/8". There's 2 choices, but the Contours are the least expensive and for all intents are the same. Look like "Silver" because the "Titanium" are slightly grey in color.

Any suggestion on how to double check that it's the bars and not something else? From what I've read, the darn things are supposed to be farm near indestructible..

2 minutes ago, TheLittleYellowThatCould said:

Any suggestion on how to double check that it's the bars and not something else? From what I've read, the darn things are supposed to be farm near indestructible..

Honestly can't tell from the pics.....it should be obvious though if it's the bar.

The 2nd pic right where those black wires are looks like it's twisted or something. Is that what you're talking about? I have had that bar and have fallen more than a few times and I honestly don't think it would bend at that point.......that's a full 1 1/8 there. Did you crash on the left side?

The 2nd pic right where those black wires are looks like it's twisted or something. Is that what you're talking about? I have had that bar and have fallen more than a few times and I honestly don't think it would bend at that point.......that's a full 1 1/8 there. Did you crash on the left side?

It was a high side.. Went up and over as I was braking for a turn my rear locked and I scrambled to right it catapulted me hahaha it went down on throttle side. The cables are for my radiator thermometer (those start off the clutch hand side).

Nevermind, one piece top clamp. Must just be the photo angle messing with me.

Haha I'll have to take the bar off and try to see if I can somehow level it out and see from there.. I was reading up on the bars as they suggest the 1-1/8" are supposed to be unbendable haha but it feels like the throttle side is bent low by about a half inch or so..

Haha I'll have to take the bar off and try to see if I can somehow level it out and see from there.. I was reading up on the bars as they suggest the 1-1/8" are supposed to be unbendable haha but it feels like the throttle side is bent low by about a half inch or so..

Yeah, I have never bent any pro taper bars and that's all I run. The clamps fit into the top triple on a stud held by rubber isolators. Those studs bend before the bars usually in my experience.

Yeah, I have never bent any pro taper bars and that's all I run. The clamps fit into the top triple on a stud held by rubber isolators. Those studs bend before the bars usually in my experience.

Ahh so these may have the rubber isolators? I read they might have actually just twisted inside the clamps.. So I'm hoping its just that. Thanks for the info :) I'll have to look em through.

Ahh so these may have the rubber isolators? I read they might have actually just twisted inside the clamps.. So I'm hoping its just that. Thanks for the info I'll have to look em through.

That was my first thought too but you have a bridged top clamp. They can't twist against each other in less it actually bends that piece of billet. Not likely. Anyway, that's somewhere to start before buying bars. Checking the clamps that is.

You can measure the bars to see if they are bent. Remove them from the bike and place them against a wall. The rise should be the same on both bar ends as should the pull back.

• Like 1