Xtrainer mods

Pondering the idea of modding my xtrainer to mimic the RR300 power specs i.e. remove the spacer for the power valve chamber cover, rejet, gnarly pipe etc...  Question is with the gnarly pipe can I continue to run a FMF Q silencer or do I need to snag another one?  which one will match best?

59 minutes ago, Borgschulze said:

How far are you going?

The cylinder is ported differently, and if I'm not mistaken, the ECU is also different.

I doubt you would notice much difference with a different silencer.

That is about how far I am going to go right now.  Sticking to the bolt ons and carb, nothing internal.

What year? I've read the 17's have a different CDI and they don't get along with the 300RR pipes like the previous XT's. Something about mid range throttle breaking up and not being able to fix it with jetting.

I have not tried or experienced this first hand though. It's some guy on the Facebook XT group that has an XT and a 300RR.

10 hours ago, Goatse said:

What year? I've read the 17's have a different CDI and they don't get along with the 300RR pipes like the previous XT's. Something about mid range throttle breaking up and not being able to fix it with jetting.

I have not tried or experienced this first hand though. It's some guy on the Facebook XT group that has an XT and a 300RR.

I have a 17 and have also read that the low end is great but a lot of owners are constantly fiddling with carb specs to get rid of spooge