NX-650 vs XR-650L

Locally available 1988 NX-650 that does not run. With my hard earned skills with my XR650L, are the bikes as similar as they seem to be? Or am I just looking for trouble? :)

That was what I was thinking; but I didn't want to assume too much. Done that - still feel the burn. :D

The NX650 is junk,  you want no part of it,  what's the sellers phone number

• Like 2

No. You didnt. Insinuating the R. Which is liquid cooled. Hence your comment. But the R is nowhere in this discussion. The question was the difference between an NX and an L. The 88 dominators had estart. So theres no difference really. Its the same bike.

I think my dirt days are over unless I get a much smaller bike (still on the table, just got back from Ely, Nevada and the 650L ran terrible - I live at 600 feet, Ely is over 6500 feet). The NX has proper analog gauges and is more road oriented - just like me. :D My main worry, it's 30 years old and tupperware is gonna be hard to get.

I ran into one at the Guzzi rally in Datil last year. Really ratted out but I liked the concept.

42 minutes ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

No. You didnt. Insinuating the R. Which is liquid cooled. Hence your comment. But the R is nowhere in this discussion. The question was the difference between an NX and an L. The 88 dominators had estart. So theres no difference really. Its the same bike.

:lame:

Hatin cause now you see that I know what Im talking about and YOU dont. Theyre the same bike. The xr650r and the xr650l are two vEry different bikes. 

The xr650l and the nx650 are the same bike. The xr650l just sold better in America. But theyre both e start street legal road/trail capable enduros. Minor differences. Same motor. The R is not the same motor...but what do I know...I just Googled all this stuff right now ;) (ya right, Ive WORKED for Honda!)

Think twice before you post once. This forums for the OGs that know theyre ish. If you want to provide terrible, wrong information...go talk to the 15 year olds in a 250 forum.

brap BRAAAAAAAAAPPPP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

Hatin cause now you see that I know what Im talking about and YOU dont. Theyre the same bike. The xr650r and the xr650l are two vEry different bikes. 

The xr650l and the nx650 are the same bike. The xr650l just sold better in America. But theyre both e start street legal road/trail capable enduros. Minor differences. Same motor. The R is not the same motor...but what do I know...I just Googled all this stuff right now ;) (ya right, Ive WORKED for Honda!)

Think twice before you post once. This forums for the OGs that know theyre ish. If you want to provide terrible, wrong information...go talk to the 15 year olds in a 250 forum.

brap BRAAAAAAAAAPPPP

:lame:

• Like 1

The bike was in rougher shape than I thought, the fellow selling it has the skills to bring it back more than I do (probably more willing to do so too) so I'm gonna pass.

• Like 3

If I recall correctly, very little beyond basic engine design was shared between the NX650 and the XR650L- I thought they were different frames, wheels, tank, seat, etc.

• Like 2

Yee, didn't the nx have the closer 1st to 2nd gear set in it as well?  Also rboe next time try pulling the airbox lid off to lean out the bike a bit or rejet..  drop one size/2,000-2,500 feet in elevation change or get a dial-a-jet and forget about it.

The secret to jetting the NX650 is tossing the paper filter and installing a foam type.  Other than the gears, the engines are identical. I have had both, just gave my NX to a nephew. We donm't have any decent "adventure" riding anywhere near us so mine just sat. Now it is doing the same in his shop, will be for sale soon. Very nice bike, less than 5K.

• Like 1