An email I received today:

Dear Mr. R:

Thank you for your correspondence expressing your opposition to Senate Bill (SB) 249, authored by Senator Allen and relating to the Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Program.

As you know, SB 249 would make changes to the Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Program (Program) that are intended to more closely align the work of the Program to the Department of Parks and Recreation’s mission of resource and cultural site protection; add qualifications and other criteria to the membership of the Off Highway Vehicle Recreation Commission; strengthen the scientific integrity of the Program; and broaden the uses for the fuel taxes that fund the Program.

The measure passed off of the Senate Floor, with my support, on a 22-16 vote and is currently in the Assembly Committee on Rules waiting to be referred to a policy committee.

The Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Program seeks to ensure that people can enjoy this form of outdoor recreation in a sustainable and safe manner.  When the Program was reauthorized 10 years ago, its administration, environmental protection, and law enforcement were all improved.  However, more needs to be done to advance OHV conservation and restoration efforts, as well as to reduce the conflicts that frequently arise in these areas, and it is for these reasons that I supported SB 249 when it came before me for a vote on the Senate Floor.   

I am sorry we disagree on this issue.  However, I appreciate you contacting me about your opposition to SB 249 and look forward to hearing from you about other state issues.

Sincerely,

WILLIAM W. MONNING

Senator, 17th District 

https://openstates.org/ca/bills/20172018/SB249/

CA public OHV suffered a loss today.

Your representatives are voted against public use of lands that were voted in and paid for by previous tax payers. 

CA has once again shown little interest in supporting the use of public land paid for with monies intended for OHV use..

Or maybe as a community we have not spoken loud enough.

What they are doing is creating an environment that makes OHV participants criminals. 

Collectively, the entire OHV community should refuse to pay the green/red sticker fee this year since our OHV dollars are not going where we voted them to go.  The politicians are completely out of touch with their constituents and do nothing but fawn over the green crowd, ignoring the working class that allegedly voted them into office.  

Follow the money......

• Like 6

Lets be real here ok. He's a Democratic liberal Senator from the 17th district. That's the Santa Cruz area and there abouts. A bill like that never stands a chance in this fawking communist state. Nobody should be shocked by this. I've come to the conclusion long ago that soon I will just have to ride illegaly. So be it....

• Like 6

I feel your pain, in Minnesota, the legislators like to take snowmobile trail money and create beautiful trails only to close the trails a couple years after completion and turn the system over to non motorized use only trails.
Then the local businesses suffer because the greenies,dont buy gas,don't stop for dinner, dont rent hotels or cabins,and worst of all, dont support the trail system via tax revenue.
Sweet deal for the tree hugging community.
Not so great for anyone else

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hockdog said:

Collectively, the entire OHV community should refuse to pay the green/red sticker fee this year since our OHV dollars are not going where we voted them to go.  The politicians are completely out of touch with their constituents and do nothing but fawn over the green crowd, ignoring the working class that allegedly voted them into office.  

Follow the money......

This is about gas taxes.  Not Green sticker fees.  Gas taxes fund more of the program than those green sticker fees ever have.  The theory when originally set up was that we should get a refund of the gas taxes on the fuel we burn in our OHVs.  It made sense because gas taxes are primarily meant for road and highway repair.  I get a tax credit each year for fuel I burn for my off grid home because my house puts NO wear and tear on the highways...  neither do OHVs.   But the gas taxes collected have been borrowed against and diverted several times and the OHV funds intended for OHV use have been held back each year.  What does get released from the OHV fund for OHV ends up in restoration (closing) of old trails...  cabanas and solar powered pit toilets, picnic tables, new OHV jobs to educate OHVers (give tickets)...  and dirt bikes and side by sides and hours of payroll for a variety of law enforcement agencies to get in on the free cash.  

Rarely if ever has a new inch of trail ever been added.

This is just another way to steal the money intended for OHV that the Dems have been trying to get their hands on for years..

============================

California voters allowed the state to add a HUGE NEW tax bill at the pump and DMV last month.  Next they want to build their own version of JERRY-BROWN-CARE to give all non tax payers and non citizens free health care.  Again CA Tax Payers will do nothing.  And next cycle they will re-elect these clowns...  again and again.

There is just nothing you can do about any of this because as I have said a gazillion times...  your neighbors, friends, riding buddies and their wives...  co-workers...  union members...  will keep putting these people in office year after year...  decade after decade.

OHV issues pale in comparison to the big issues in this state.  Go riding and stop wasting time, energy and this great website on a lost cause.

IT'S OVER  :prof:

=============================

And when Brewster pops up with his very succinct words of wisdom on this issue...  ask him why CORVA sends out an URGENT EMAIL NOTICE for us all to call our state reps in the MIDDLE of the DAY that the vote is going down...  when most of us are at work ?  Genius timing.  :facepalm:

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt

Just now, Mongo134 said:

Like I said, I'll ride just the same

I do this but, risking a lot at my age. Granted I am still in a fairly rural area, (moving to an even more so). 

1 hour ago, iceguy said:

I feel your pain, in Minnesota, the legislators like to take snowmobile trail money and create beautiful trails only to close the trails a couple years after completion and turn the system over to non motorized use only trails.
Then the local businesses suffer because the greenies,dont buy gas,don't stop for dinner, dont rent hotels or cabins,and worst of all, dont support the trail system via tax revenue.
Sweet deal for the tree hugging community.
Not so great for anyone else

The do-gooders don't get that since their only hobby is telling others how to be like them/s.

1 hour ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Go riding and stop wasting time, energy and this great website on a lost cause.

IT'S OVER  :prof:

To give up is to give up on the system. I am no quitter. As a former and current government employee, I can say government is PEOPLE. People can be persuaded or replaced.

2 hours ago, hockdog said:

Follow the money......

I don't feel that outright rebellion is the best solution. Although it makes me a little irritate. This is essentially behavior control. EXACTLY the opposite of what the "liberal" talking heads preach.

1 hour ago, theBIGnaud said:

As a former and current government employee, I can say government is PEOPLE. People can be persuaded or replaced.

Can't see the forest for the trees.  :lol:

It's time to start putting these threads into the proper forums and stop littering the CA threads.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forums/forum/46-land-uselegislation/

can someone explain how this is a greenie versus redneck issue?

17 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

And when Brewster pops up with his very succinct words of wisdom on this issue...  

Thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup:

If you don't try, you won't win.

Ride on

Brewster

Just now, brewster said:

Thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup:

If you don't try, you won't win.

Ride on

Brewster

It does help to show up before the game.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, bordsmnj said:

I'm registering all three bike's in az Friday. CA can &%$#@!in blow me.

Just plated my 300 there. Will get a Ca. non-resident green sticker this weekend to go with it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

What a joke...  LOL

I take back what I said about this thread belonging in the Land Use & Legislation Forum...  it belongs in TOWN SQUARE !  :lol:

Yeah I saw that hung up at Hollister a few weeks ago, I guess that rule has been in place for some time now however no one ever notified the Parks department so they were not enforcing in. I always knew it would be just be a matter of time before they closed that loophole. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mckay said:

Just plated my 300 there. Will get a Ca. non-resident green sticker this weekend to go with it.

If by "plated", you mean for street use, it's now a dual sport.  I wonder how the new out of state regulation will handle that??

Ride on

Brewster 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brewster said:

If by "plated", you mean for street use, it's now a dual sport.  I wonder how the new out of state regulation will handle that??

Ride on

Brewster 

Cal City already refuses to recognize AZ Plates as OHV worthy. You buy a Cal City permit for your AZ Plated Dirt Bike or get a ticket.  I can see that going state wide as soon as someone thinks about it.

I am glad i got people talking on here. I highly encourage you to participate in trying to petition and voicing your opinions to your representatives. its really about the next generation's opportunity.  

It's all been said before...  it will all be said again...  you can't change the voters of CA from ThumperTalk.  It's just noise.