DC power for 01 Cr250

Hi all,

I need some help please!

Ive done alot of reading and having minimal luck with finding info I need.

Im looking to get some DC power to run a minimum 40w LED H1 or H4 globe.

bike specs are 01 cr250 with electrosport 55w (claimed) lighting stator.

Im not running a battery, or planning too

I beleive the electrosport stuff is single phase?

So far the only answer I have is to get a complete ignition system from a powerjet equiped 97 98 Bike.

Any info or tips of universal rec/regs (baja designs, ebay etc) and getting them hooked up is welcome :)

Thanks

Edited by works510

Been looking at this for a couple years for my 01. Your going to need a larger aftermarket "lighting" stator from what I've figured out. They're not cheap.
The other option it to run a lithium ion battery to it and just charge the battery when your not riding.
Usually, at least in my case, you're only going to need the light at the end of the ride to get back to the truck.

Cool thanks braplife.

from what Ive red online, the 00 01 engine is one of the harder ones to get DC happening compared to earlier bikes.

Im thinking maybe get a rec/reg and a small battery, the stator in there should be able to keep  it charger.

Ideally I'd like it fulltime running, so charging a batt is abit of a pain.

Not looking for baja style lighting, but a 50w LED in my TT 8" racelight

You might find that when it's hooked up that your bike runs crappy since the stator was designed to just put out enough power to run the ignition system(spark plug). I'm interested to see what happens though.

On 2017-6-9 at 7:41 PM, works510 said:

Cool thanks braplife.

from what Ive red online, the 00 01 engine is one of the harder ones to get DC happening compared to earlier bikes.

Im thinking maybe get a rec/reg and a small battery, the stator in there should be able to keep  it charger.

Ideally I'd like it fulltime running, so charging a batt is abit of a pain.

Not looking for baja style lighting, but a 50w LED in my TT 8" racelight

Hey,

I have a electrosport 55w lighting stator that has run the TT 8" racelight with a 55w halogen globe.

Wanting consistant lighting with a LED globe though.

regarding cyclops adv sport, thats where I got the TT light from, Ive emailed them for some info regardless.

Thanks

Hey,

I have a electrosport 55w lighting stator that has run the TT 8" racelight with a 55w halogen globe.

Wanting consistant lighting with a LED globe though.

regarding cyclops adv sport, thats where I got the TT light from, Ive emailed them for some info regardless.

Thanks

What bike is this on?

I run the same lighting coil you have and a small battery in the airbox.  I "estimated" that during the course of the run time the rpm's would average out that the stator will probably be producing 25-35 watts max so I added the battery to make up the difference when running the Baja Designs Squadron Pro.  I also installed a dimmer and can run the light at 50% which is still quite bright.  I've run the setup for over 3 hours so far with no noticeable decrease in output. The stator is charging the battery whenever the bike is running.  I do keep it on a tender when parked though. Bike has 01 CR250 motor.vehicles-427428-0-80104600-1451929604_thumb.jpgvehicles-427428-0-77353200-1451929590_thumb.jpgvehicles-427428-0-14298500-1451929482_thumb.jpgvehicles-427428-0-89584300-1466563997_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi GR250R,

nice setup, I like that battery holder!

What rec/reg did you use and where did it come from?

Thanks