250 2008 stator damage no spark?

I picked up a dirt cheap 250 2008 with no spark (prev owner was a close friend). I suspected kill switch or something simple, I took stator cover off and saw a metal pin jammed inside the stator, quickly realised it's from the oil pump assembly as one of the plastic cogs were also floating in the oil... Does the blow damage look enough to stop the bike sparking?

Pics:

1OmTGmu.jpg

Pcjg7FZ.jpg

tE8aHKz.jpg

I would have assumed that the 05 and 08 would be the same but I just found this pic from my 05 when I put on flywheel weight a few years ago and mine doesn't have the connection on your pic

Sorry this doesn't really help but maybe someone with a 08 might chime in.

the pic is rotated a bit.

20150207_134802.jpg.9d9269fdd640a4f439f70f2cdd70ea99.jpg

Munch1 those pics are not very clear so it would probably help if you could clean the oil out of the area your asking about, and get more/better pics posted. What does the inside of the flywheel look like? If the oil pump pin was floating around and ended up wedged in the stator the flywheel is probably gouged and knicked also, maybe post a pic of the inside of the flywheel also. That oil looks terrible, very dirty.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TDW said:

Munch1 those pics are not very clear so it would probably help if you could clean the oil out of the area your asking about, and get more/better pics posted. What does the inside of the flywheel look like? If the oil pump pin was floating around and ended up wedged in the stator the flywheel is probably gouged and knicked also, maybe post a pic of the inside of the flywheel also. That oil looks terrible, very dirty.

Yes I agree and my pic was just draining my oil with no other cleaning

Sorry about the terrible pictures, it was my friends bike that had lost spark and I was investigating it the quickest way possible. I ended up buying it from him for dirt cheap and will break it for parts but I have noticed something worrying about the frame so have made a new thread.. thanks for your help all.