Is this a good deal for a KX250F - PLS Respond ASAP!

Thats a good deal. But those tires dont look all that new. Looks fairly stock with exhaust not done and stuff. Make sure to check for oil leaks on the case. And pull the stick to checl for shinies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dieselbeast90 said:

Thats a good deal. But those tires dont look all that new. Looks fairly stock with exhaust not done and stuff. Make sure to check for oil leaks on the case. And pull the stick to checl for shinies.

Yeah I will. The tires are rode 5 times he said. I'll look for leakage Thanks for responding

It looks like a tired and worn out kx250f with custom graphics to me. Btw, that back tire is trash. The front isn't great either.

Edited by 76xtdrvr

Np. Those are solid bikes. And thats a good price Especially for a 12. And maybe just google 2012 kx250f common issues. It will give you an idea of what better to look for when checking it out. Best of luck.

3 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Expect to do a top end at minimum.

So you saying that I shouldn't buy it? How much would a top end be? Thanks for replying mate

1 hour ago, Still Bill said:

"Custom Graphics"?  All I see is a Monster logo.

Black plastics, monster edition graphics.

Edit just messaged the guy how he maintains the bike, he said he changes oil every 10 hours, air filter every 4, and oils chain after every ride. 

Edited by Rektchu

2 hours ago, Rektchu said:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/kamloops/2014-rmz-250/1262904647?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true 

Here's another bike I'm looking at, let me know if this is worth it.

3,300 for a 2014 suzuki rmz 250

The RMZ owner is looking to trade for a 2 stroke for a reason. Yes, I'm biased toward 2 strokes because of ease of maintenance and low repair costs compared to 4t's. But.....just my opinion; any 250cc racing 4 stroke with over 40 to 50 hours without top end work will be due very soon if not overdue. If the owner claims engine work was done prior to that, it's your judgement call to buy it, but he needs to produce receipts for work done as proof. No receipts, I would walk, or have the sell price adjusted accordingly.

• Like 1

It looks like he just washed and got it all shiny to take pics to sell. Just look it over very carefully and ask a lot of questions and if you feel off about anything walk away. If you don't know a lot about bikes bring someone who does or see if you can bring it to a shop to look over. A top end will cost you about $800 or more and a set of tires are about $140 for front and back plus install if you can't do it yourself. Those are US dollar prices so it will be more in Canadian $. Don't forget about changing all of the fluids before you start it and cleaning the air filter  even before you go for a rip. Don't trust that he just changed the oil, rad fluid and put a new air filter in. Ask to see the air filter. If it's dirty walk away. Buying someone else clapped out bike is no fun and cost a lot of money. Just be careful with what you buy.

• Like 1

I paid 2200 for my 2012 kx250f completely stock and still on original tires the bike has given me no trouble, and I think ive put more hours on it than anyone had put on since new. Its a great bike and super fun i say go for it.

• Like 1

On June 7, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Rektchu said:

Yeah I will. The tires are rode 5 times he said. I'll look for leakage Thanks for responding

He's lying. Unless he was riding on the street all day. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rockinar said:

He's lying. Unless he was riding on the street all day. 

Hey thanks for replying, Here are some more bikes I can go get let me know how they are thanks!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/kamloops/08-kx250f/1258250885?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/kamloops/2011-kxf-250-in-mint-condition/1255971108?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true