DRC Extra Wide 57mm Foot Pegs

Picked up some new DRC extra wide foot pegs to replace the left foot peg I broke in Moab a couple weeks ago.  They seem to be a quality product despite the affordable price.  Being cast chromoly steel, they are heavier than the factory cast aluminum ones, but also anticipate them to be more durable as well.  Fit and finish were near perfect, no real issues with install or fitment.

Quality seems to be fairly good, considering I bought these because they were the cheapest available to me, at $52.95 retail price.  With other pegs costing between $100-$200 and out of my budget, my only focus at this time was the most cost effective solution to my broken foot peg.

First impressions?  These pegs have some serious cleats that are sure to keep your feet planted, or destroy your shin in an accident without moto boots on.  They are also visually wider than the factory pegs, being 12mm wider than stock.  I haven't ridden on them yet, but just standing on the bike with shoes on, my feet feel firm and much more planted compared to the factory pegs.  Also, the nearly wide-open frame of these pegs should help keep mud and dirt from building up inside the peg itself.

Entire installation took about 20 minutes and only required a pair of pliers and a mallet.  I also installed new cotter pins as I never reuse them if I don't have to.  I will update this post after I get in some riding time this weekend.

0606171749e.jpg

0606171749c.jpg

0606171749a.jpg

0607171335.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stevethe said:

The old ones were either titanium or steel. 

Let's say titanium.  Because that would actually make sense to cost $120 each.  Had I known that I would have kept the broken pieces and recycled it.

I wish they were magnesium, I'd set the broken one on fire and watch the show.  LoL

Edited by High On Octane

I use $57 chinese aluminum footpegs, Airtime brand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRTIME-BILLET-CNC-WIDE-FAT-FOOT-PEGS-YAMAHA-YZ250F-2001-2016-BLUE-/302336268625?hash=item4664a55951:g:clcAAMXQDnpTYqTX&vxp=mtr

They are larger than YZ footpegs, about the same size as WR/FX footpegs.   They are cheap.  I have bent 2 WR footpegs but have not bent one of these.   They have terrific grip.  They weigh the same as YZ footpegs which are 1/2 pound lighter than WR or FX footpegs.

WR/FX footpegs are made of SS.  Most YZ footpegs are made of titanium.

I think the Airtime footpegs are much much safer due to their grip.

UPDATE

Finally got around to getting some ride time in with the new foot pegs.  Honestly, I couldn't be happier.  They are fat AF and the cleats really grab your boots and keeps them put.  Honestly, I would say the only downfall to the DRC pegs is that they are a little on the heavy side.  So, if shaving weight is your thing, these pegs will disappoint you at about 2 pounds for the pair.  But, if you are like me, and just need to replace a broken peg/s on a budget, these DRC 57mm wide pegs work great!

• Like 1

The newer YZ's come with a really nice peg stock.  They retail for about 50 a piece but I have seen online dealer prices as low as 35 a piece.  They are a good alternative also to the crappy old Ti pegs.  Pretty much all full size Yamaha's also use the same peg going back many years so they work on the older bikes without issue.