Washougal practice

Anyone going to the practice day at Washougal next weekend? I haven't been on a MX track in about 10 years at this point other than little bouts like the hangover scramble.

Gonna see about trying to keep pace with someone or a few people to get back in the groove and have a good time. 

16 hours ago, jblob said:

Anyone going to the practice day at Washougal next weekend? I haven't been on a MX track in about 10 years at this point other than little bouts like the hangover scramble.

Gonna see about trying to keep pace with someone or a few people to get back in the groove and have a good time. 

too many people for me

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, trackmaster said:

too many people for me

Thats the problem I have with most places anymore, not enough public tracks for how many riders there are around here. My girl wants to try riding a track too but its just not wise to have a complete beginner on an xr100 out there with guys going full bore on 250s & 450s. 

I'm hoping saturday may be less crowded than Sunday but who knows

5 minutes ago, jblob said:

Thats the problem I have with most places anymore, not enough public tracks for how many riders there are around here. My girl wants to try riding a track too but its just not wise to have a complete beginner on an xr100 out there with guys going full bore on 250s & 450s. 

I'm hoping saturday may be less crowded than Sunday but who knows

mt view would be a good spot for you and daughter

1 hour ago, trackmaster said:

Haha mother if my kids, she's just tiny topping out under 5' 

I have never been to mt view MX but I know I saw it years ago in one if the terrafirma movies as a kid. Is it a lot less crowded than Washougal? 

1 hour ago, trackmaster said:

a lot less crowded, and from what i hear from kids the little kids track is cool

Mt. View has very few 'Public Practice' sessions. Most of their practice days are what they call, 'Limited Practice' and no small frame bikes are allowed. However, the small mini-bike track is always open for small bikes and it's free to use. It's a neat little track with jumps and elevation changes. If your kid is a beginner class rider they will enjoy the minis-track, but would get boring fast for more skilled mini riders.

Albany MX has probably the most public practice days of any NW track and they are managed so all small frame bikes are on the track separate from the big bikes.

Edited by GrandkidsMX

my buddys wife rides the mt view mini track a lot. she could probably ride all over at washougal, lots of trails

I'm probably going to go myself to one of the "limited practice" weekend days at Mt view and take her on their Tuesday open practices whenever I'm off work early enough. Sucks they have the open public ones on Tuesday afternoons I'm usually working long days Mon-Friday unless we finish out a job early in the day.

I'm just crossing my fingers the limited practice isn't solidly packed with A class guys lol. I am definitely not at that level, gives a good example to follow I guess.

I'm probably going to go myself to one of the "limited practice" weekend days at Mt view and take her on their Tuesday open practices whenever I'm off work early enough. Sucks they have the open public ones on Tuesday afternoons I'm usually working long days Mon-Friday unless we finish out a job early in the day.
I'm just crossing my fingers the limited practice isn't solidly packed with A class guys lol. I am definitely not at that level, gives a good example to follow I guess.

You will be fine

On 6/10/2017 at 6:31 PM, trackmaster said:

You will be fine

I'm sure I won't get myself into too much trouble. One of my coworkers was talking pretty highly about the track at mtn view. Got myself on the list for the limited practice on the 24th. 

Edited by jblob

On 6/8/2017 at 9:10 AM, trackmaster said:

Thanks for the recommendation my view was a ton of fun today! Hotter than heck but a lot of fun. My girlfriend got to ride our kids around the practice track for a bit. Was a great time