How to ride a wheelie

I've rode bikes for years and (not to sound cocky or anything sorry) I think I'm pretty good overall but idk what my deal is i just can't wheelie I see all my friends do it and I really want to learn so can somebody give me a step by step to follow so I can try to figure this out 

Get the bike rolling in first gear, open the throttle up a bit and then grab the clutch, rev the throttle up some more and dump the clutch.  That should get your front wheel in the air.

Same...I'm a non-wheelie'ing sum'bitch (as my buddies refer to me :lol:) and just can't seem to get it right. Been riding for years and I am a decent rider, just never been good at wheelies (or jumps.) 

I guess I'm just not destined to be a cool guy.

Skin

I tried for years.  MTB, dirt bike, R1, etc.  I figure I just don't have a great sense of balance.  Could never find a balance point and/or stay there, and then you watch these guys jumping and sitting and bouncing around at 11 o'clock weaving in and out of traffic... :jawdrop:

You can certainly learn and get better through practice, but I truly believe some of us just don't have that sense of balance to ride a wheelie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minman26 said:

I tried for years.  MTB, dirt bike, R1, etc.  I figure I just don't have a great sense of balance.  Could never find a balance point and/or stay there, and then you watch these guys jumping and sitting and bouncing around at 11 o'clock weaving in and out of traffic... :jawdrop:

You can certainly learn and get better through practice, but I truly believe some of us just don't have that sense of balance to ride a wheelie. 

I can do it on my MTB's fairly well. I can pull the front wheel up with ease, just can't keep it there. I get kind of jealous when my buddies are riding high-chair wheels and doing u-turns with the front wheel/wheels in the air :cry:

Skin

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 7:16 AM, minman26 said:

Na, I can do a decent wheelie (on a roadbike at least..a bit outta practice on a dirtbike tho i used to do 'em ok) but struggle to stand on a flat floor without falling over. It has not so much to do with balance as throttle control and not being scared of going over backwards.

• Like 2