Xr100 - will any xr80 engine parts fit?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an old 1981 xr80.  The engine is seized however I have a 1991 xr100 bottom end.  My question is can I bore the xr80 cylinder an then swap the xr80 top end over to the xr100 bottom end?

Sorry if this is a crazy idea but wondering if possible :). 

Thx

Brad

80 and 100 top ends interchange but I'm not sure about stroke and cam chain length. i 100 jug will fit a 80 bottom end but beond that I'm not sure. i don't think he 80 liner is thick enough to bore it to a 100

In short, nothing is swappable. Except heads and a bolts.  Not piston, cylinder, cam chains, etc.

A 100 cylcinder won't fit a 80. I have both motors "part motors" mother cylinder fits the motors. However a 80 motor will fit in a 100 frame. Why not do that? 

Mixed that up sorry 

Edited by michaelchristie207

The best thing would be get a BBR120 kit.  It includes a cam.  Then a chain and sprocket. 

Does anyone know what year xr 100 will fit with my 1991 xr100r?

So what years cylinder, cam shaft, cam gear and chain will work correctly

Thx again

On 2017-06-12 at 10:11 PM, Brad Thompson said:

Does anyone know what year xr 100 will fit with my 1991 xr100r?

So what years cylinder, cam shaft, cam gear and chain will work correctly

Thx again

1979 or 1980 xl100s motors are identical with XR/crf100 motors up to end of production other than the neutral switch, longer crank and heavier flywheel to accommodate the stator to power lights. The actual engine cases are the same

edit: the flywheel cover changed in 1981 when the frame changed and again in 1985 when monoshock was introduced 

Edited by CarmanCRF