Bent subframe

Looks like I bent my subframe, either happened from a wipeout or when I heaved it out of the mud. Either way I'll have to decide whether I order new one or try to bend it back.

anyone had this issue on the bike?

Hre atv is working on a custom made subframe, made from hi strength steel and it should be lighter than the stock one. Give them a call to see what the expected time is. He didn't get back to me yet......i started the idea and provided a new one for him to copy. Price is ~$300.

• Like 1

Bend it back. I've bent mine multiple times and broke it twice - I think I have enough bracing welded to it now that it will have a hard time bending or breaking in the future.

Bend it back. I've bent mine multiple times and broke it twice - I think I have enough bracing welded to it now that it will have a hard time bending or breaking in the future.

Did you bend it back by sheer force or heat it up first?

Correct me if I'm wrong.......isnt it if you weld and bend things and strengthen things it makes parts not consistently strength and you get more breakage and easier????

Yes, steel will lose strength when you bend it. You can buy a new one which I would do if I sold it, but for now I will have a look and see if it I can reshape it. It is a minor bend.

6 hours ago, deathman53 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.......isnt it if you weld and bend things and strengthen things it makes parts not consistently strength and you get more breakage and easier????

Correct, unless you add a bit of bracing while you're at it.

If the steel is bent enuf to leave a crease, the most safe and most strong way is to straighten the piece, cut at the crease, slip a tube with an ID as close as possible to the OD of the original tube, and weld. Looks a lot better, and more strong than the original.

Edited by seedy