Kx250 running rich

I have a 1994 kx 250 that is running really rich for some reason. I am currently running 50:1 mix gas. My main jet is 160 and the pilot is 40. Brand new plug. At about half throttle it wants to die out.

Which area do you live in? We'll try and work out some jetting numbers based on the average temps, altitude, and humidity around where you live/ride.

how fresh is the motor?  are your floats set properly?  40/160 seems like an odd combo for a kx250.  if you live way up high 10k+ the 40 pilot may be right but your main would probably be a bit rich.  Where is your needle set?

how fresh is the motor?  are your floats set properly?  40/160 seems like an odd combo for a kx250.  if you live way up high 10k+ the 40 pilot may be right but your main would probably be a bit rich.  Where is your needle set?

I rebuilt most of the top end last year, new piston/rings. New cylinder head. And I replaced on of the exhaust valves. I'm at roughly 1900 feet in elevation. Not sure on the floats, I'll look in to that. For sure I know the pilot is a 40, 99% sure the main is 160. My needle is set at 3.

Which area do you live in? We'll try and work out some jetting numbers based on the average temps, altitude, and humidity around where you live/ride.

I live in the south east British Columbia. Creston to be exact. Im sitting at roughly 1900 feet in elevation.

Running an N1EE needle and based on current weather (including humidity, elevation etc) in Creston, here's where you need to be.

Main: 165
Pilot: 45
Clip: 3
Air Screw: 2

Obviously jetting and tuning is never a constant, due to so many variables - but if you start where I've noted here and tweak in VERY small increments to get it crisp you'll be good to go. Failing this, you'll need to start checking electrics and other components to clear up your issue.