Hello. So i recently put my motorcycle back together and it worked great : started easy, rode really good and everything was bueno. The next day i go to start the motorcycle and it didnt start no matter what.... The bike is 2010 ktm 450 sxf, it has no kickstart, i also tried to bump start it, then it made a different noise like somethign was happening, but i didnt manage to start it.

i have checked the spark plug(new), cleaned the carburetor, checked all the wiring, looked at the torque limiter, replaced the battery... what else should i do? how can this happen overnight ? i didnt change any setting after my first ride.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

It made a different noise ? Like something broke?

No, i meant that it made different noise in a good sense

But like i said, everything was working one day, nothing broke or anything, and the NEXT day wouldn't start :(

Did you check to see if the spark plug was firing?  Is it getting fuel?  Air?

The spark plug was firing when i pulled it out and tested, i suppose it is still firing inside ( i did it multiple times ), air filter freshly oiled, and i suppose it is getting fuel : i cleaned the carburetor and every jet, checked the float, and i sprayed starter fluid while starting with no effect.

Every once and a while the bike would backfire while starting. Tbh i am suspecting sth to be wrong with the valves and decompression system, because to my ears the piston moves a bit slow while starting. But i am amazed that something can change within one ride :o

Any more ideas?

I would check your timing, with it backfiring usually something is out of time, I could check timing and flywheel key.

It was not backfiring when i rode it the day before doe :/. Overall the performance of the engine was pretty good and everything seemed ok, so i dont suspect the timing.

Is it possible that the decompression system somehow wears out in one ride?

I wouldn't suspect that. They can jump time starting them though....guess I thought it would be a place to start.