Andrew Puetz

Beta 300RR Dirt Bike Channel Thread

451 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Monk said:

Though I'm a subscriber, I have never actually watched a complete video from start to finish... I don't understand how you can have a good feeling for a bike if you don't even take the time to set it up? He never mentions jetting, or sag, or fork height, or handlebar/lever position or even tire selection etc etc. And he makes the assumption he's a good intermediate rider.  

Combine that with him always comparing every bike to a KTM and the idea he doesn't/hasn't raced makes it near impossible for me to take him serious. I would like to see what a bike feels like during a 3hr race vs just casually cruising around with your buddies.

If you take it as informative, you are going to be missing a lot of good information... 

You're making the assumption he didn't set it up.  In the comments he replied to somebody that he changed the jetting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kbro45 said:

You're making the assumption he didn't set it up.  In the comments he replied to somebody that he changed the jetting.  

OK... Still doesn't answer whether he did that to other bikes also...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Monk said:

Though I'm a subscriber, I have never actually watched a complete video from start to finish... I don't understand how you can have a good feeling for a bike if you don't even take the time to set it up? He never mentions jetting, or sag, or fork height, or handlebar/lever position or even tire selection etc etc. And he makes the assumption he's a good intermediate rider.  

Combine that with him always comparing every bike to a KTM and the idea he doesn't/hasn't raced makes it near impossible for me to take him serious. I would like to see what a bike feels like during a 3hr race vs just casually cruising around with your buddies.

If you take it as informative, you are going to be missing a lot of good information... 

Personally I don't think he knows or understands proper set-up. Several of his videos he talks about a bike and how well it handles the rough trails, he rides some of the smoothest non road trails out there. His talent is "C" class and it shows as he rides. Several of his past bikes have map switches and he never used them, talked about soft power. First part to a in-depth review is knowing the bike's options i.e. map switch, throttle cam,,,, second part is setting up to a baseline as other bikes are. He uses his channel to ride free bikes,,, a nice gig!

50 minutes ago, kbro45 said:

You're making the assumption he didn't set it up.  In the comments he replied to somebody that he changed the jetting.  

Change jetting to what??? I bet he read jetting on the internet and updated without knowing what was off.  He buys his bikes so he can claim honest reviews however with some brands he gets the bikes at a discount and a higher trade in when he is done with it. This way he loses next to nothing. Same reason he doesn't add on any extras. Why was he worried about what Beta would say?? Pissing off the brand results in a higher cost when he needs another bike.

I'm not a fan, entraining videos at best. Flip side many buyers are flocking to his channel then buying based on his remarks. Many naive people out there.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Didn't even bother watching considering he's such a KTM butt-hurt.  His trails look nice but i really can't stand his brand loyalty.  

He's like that kid in 8th grade saying his dad's corvette is the fastest car in the world and no other car is worth his time.

I'll never understand people who are loyal to a brand.  It's my money so i buy whichever product i determine to be best for myself regardless of the name attached to it.  

Edited by k4f5x0r
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really kind of tired of the "its a soft bike" remarks that everyone seems to place on the betas. Just because it has linear power delivery without a power valve hit like a 250MX bike from the factory doesn't mean its soft. It's got a shit ton more torque than any other 300 I've ever ridden, as a result I shit on everyone I've ever drag raced.

 

People that think a bike is fast or slow based on hits power valve hit are the same kind of people that think they can ride because they fly down perfectly smooth dirt trails at a million miles an hour then when they hit some technical terrain they're on their ass in two seconds.

When I first started riding again after 10 years off a bike I remember riding with some local groups and thinking "damn these guys are good" because of how fast they're flying down these trails we were riding on. Fast forward a year or two later and I've had a chance to take some of these same guys up some of the mountains where I live in some of the more technical terrain you can ride and watch them flounder all over the place paddling with both feet the whole way up the mountain, falling over left and right. That's when I realized fast doesn't mean fast. I think Graham Jarvis is a shining example of that.

Anyway all that said, I don't dislike this guy and his videos. I'm fairly certain he'll give the Beta a fair review, he might be a C rider but he does know a little bit about what he's doing, he's not stupid. He has to re-jet any and all bikes he gets because his elevation is much higher than stock jetting is ever going to be setup for. I'm certain he's very accustom to jetting carbs correctly.

I will, however, be really annoyed if the final verdict of his review is the same old "great for the every day trail rider, but if your a racer other bikes (KTM) probably have the edge". Meanwhile Beta is on track to winning two world enduro championships in a row (last year, and on track to win again this year).

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, k4f5x0r said:

Didn't even bother watching considering he's such a KTM butt-hurt.  His trails look nice but i really can't stand his brand loyalty.  

He's like that kid in 8th grade saying his dad's corvette is the fastest car in the world and no other car is worth his time.

I'll never understand people who are loyal to a brand.  It's my money so i buy whichever product i determine to be best for myself regardless of the name attached to it.  

In all fairness he did really like the Yamaha yz250x.

4 minutes ago, gr4vitas said:

I'm really kind of tired of the "its a soft bike" remarks that everyone seems to place on the betas. Just because it has linear power delivery without a power valve hit like a 250MX bike from the factory doesn't mean its soft. It's got a shit ton more torque than any other 300 I've ever ridden, as a result I shit on everyone I've ever drag raced.

 

People that think a bike is fast or slow based on hits power valve hit are the same kind of people that think they can ride because they fly down perfectly smooth dirt trails at a million miles an hour then when they hit some technical terrain they're on their ass in two seconds.

When I first started riding again after 10 years off a bike I remember riding with some local groups and thinking "damn these guys are good" because of how fast they're flying down these trails we were riding on. Fast forward a year or two later and I've had a chance to take some of these same guys up some of the mountains where I live in some of the more technical terrain you can ride and watch them flounder all over the place paddling with both feet the whole way up the mountain, falling over left and right. That's when I realized fast doesn't mean fast. I think Graham Jarvis is a shining example of that.

Anyway all that said, I don't dislike this guy and his videos. I'm fairly certain he'll give the Beta a fair review, he might be a C rider but he does know a little bit about what he's doing, he's not stupid. He has to re-jet any and all bikes he gets because his elevation is much higher than stock jetting is ever going to be setup for. I'm certain he's very accustom to jetting carbs correctly.

I will, however, be really annoyed if the final verdict of his review is the same old "great for the every day trail rider, but if your a racer other bikes (KTM) probably have the edge". Meanwhile Beta is on track to winning two world enduro championships in a row (last year, and on track to win again this year).

I will add to this that its also annoying how people say the bike is good for technical extreme enduro, but not more fast flowy stuff.  It is not a desert racer, but makes a great harescramble bike.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes me laugh is the comments about my dad would like this, have you seen Holcombe on it? Winning world championship rounds and podium finishes. That 300 will drag you up a cliff and flip you off in 4th. Clearly shouldn't comment on a bike after 10 minutes of single track, my 250 was tight till i ran it in then it is mental

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started watching Kyle's channel a few months ago, at first I liked his vids but it got old pretty quick for 2 reasons. 1. his number one goal is to ask for money 2. he thinks he knows bikes... but fails big time when he tries to explain something. Just another poser using the internet to inflate the old ego.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, silver_fox said:

I started watching Kyle's channel a few months ago, at first I liked his vids but it got old pretty quick for 2 reasons. 1. his number one goal is to ask for money 2. he thinks he knows bikes... but fails big time when he tries to explain something. Just another poser using the internet to inflate the old ego.

Little lady is amazed when the credits roll up on the sponsors that donated $100's.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just put out an update video and said that he adjusted the power valve and the 300 is now "a fire breathing dragon".

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He just put out an update video and said that he adjusted the power valve and the 300 is now "a fire breathing dragon".

I commented on his video about an hour after he released it, told him to adjust it and I guess he took my advice haha, I was on my gfs account tho hahaha I bet he was confused
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Kibmj43 said:


I commented on his video about an hour after he released it, told him to adjust it and I guess he took my advice haha, I was on my gfs account tho hahaha I bet he was confused

Now I'm a 100% he's just a a dummy. Combined with the lack of hours he mentions (a little over 25hrs on all 3 bikes) I had to turn it off...

@Kibmj43, still waiting on being proven wrong too there bud... Lol

Edited by Monk
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what Kyle is doing and got to give him credit for buying all his bikes to review (with the exception of the Beta). Whether I agree with him or not, I respect his effort. The new Ktms are damn good so I'm not surprised he hasn't fully connected with the Beta yet. Very different bike. Ktms are what he is most familiar with.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Now I'm a 100% he's just a a dummy. Combined with the lack of hours he mentions (a little over 25hrs on all 3 bikes) I had to turn it off...
[mention=499182]Kibmj43[/mention], still waiting on being proven wrong too there bud... Lol

Can't figure out how to send pics in pm, if you want txt me bro I'll send all info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the guy is doing reviews of a lot of different new bikes, most of us don't have the equipment, time or option to do so. Might not agree with everything he has to say, but it is good someone is reviewing these bikes and we can watch it for free...

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Black-swan said:

At least the guy is doing reviews of a lot of different new bikes, most of us don't have the equipment, time or option to do so. Might not agree with everything he has to say, but it is good someone is reviewing these bikes and we can watch it for free...

Seems neither does he... 25hrs over 3 bikes? You haven't even begun to touch what you could do regarding setup... It's simply not enough time to get enough good information, test, change, test, change etc etc... When each bike has 50hrs, you'll have a better idea...

As an example, I found my 350 a very difficult bike to own and for about the first 30-40hrs was struggling to find a place for it... The next 40hrs have been amazing but alot of changes took place including suspension, gearing, tuning etc etc... 3 podiums including two race wins have proven the bike very capable. Again, 80hrs of riding, practice, training, testing have got me here, not 5, 12 or 9hrs...

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Monk said:

Seems neither does he... 25hrs over 3 bikes? You haven't even begun to touch what you could do regarding setup... It's simply not enough time to get enough good information, test, change, test, change etc etc... When each bike has 50hrs, you'll have a better idea...

As an example, I found my 350 a very difficult bike to own and for about the first 30-40hrs was struggling to find a place for it... The next 40hrs have been amazing but alot of changes took place including suspension, gearing, tuning etc etc... 3 podiums including two race wins have proven the bike very capable. Again, 80hrs of riding, practice, training, testing have got me here, not 5, 12 or 9hrs...

I know, I've put around 40 hours on my RR and I still am finding more mods I want to do to the bike to make it suit me and what I am doing. Perhaps he will put more hours on the bikes and give better reviews. Can't see him modding the beta much with it being a loaner bike though. 

Edited by Black-swan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I hope he intends to ride the bike in more open places than the trails in the last few videos. The kill switch is the same side as the starter on my bike, maybe only for UK models? Didn't mention the handiness of having inbuilt handles on the subframe, even though he used them. 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you all are getting a little too butt hurt over one mans opinion, and he hasn't even done his full review yet.

I think he intended to not come right out and say he likes the bike because he didnt want it to appear that he is giving a good review just because Beta loaned him a bike for free.  He has really been trying to push the point that although Beta helped him out, he was going to speak his mind.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you all are getting a little too butt hurt over one mans opinion, and he hasn't even done his full review yet.
I think he intended to not come right out and say he likes the bike because he didnt want it to appear that he is giving a good review just because Beta loaned him a bike for free.  He has really been trying to push the point that although Beta helped him out, he was going to speak his mind.

Well if you'll listen to alot if his comments in previous videos it makes sense what everybody else is saying, he constantly talks about how he hasn't ridden long, and he does in fact compare everything to a ktm right off the bat, which isnt informative, all bikes are different, all built different, he didn't even adjust the power valve before he started commenting about how sluggish it felt and he had only been on the bike for 20 min, don't get me wrong, love what he is doing because to a newcomer some of his stuff is helpful, but you can tell he isn't very seasoned and he has even stated how he has very few hours on his bikes, sometimes it will take 30 hours on a bike or more to get a completely full feel of the bikes full mechanics, and truly be able to shred it.
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


  • Similar Content

    • By markwoodlief
      anyone running the g2 throttle tamer on their 4t bikes? Just picked one up today. I have installed them in the past on both my KTM and my Hsq 501. But with the beta there seems to be too much side to side play between the throttle and throttle housing, allowing the cable to move in and out of the grooves. I can hear my cable grinding as I rotate the throttle. Any clues? Wondering if g2 was just getting to market quick, since our throttles are basically a KTM 50/65 2t cable, and just put Beta on the sticker.
    • By sasrocks
      The Beta 250RR is a premium Italian enduro bike with a slightly lower seat height than KTM and excellent handling and power. The 250 has awesome low end torque and still revs higher than a 300, allowing for more usable range of power and actually less need to short shift the bike. Plus it has less rotating mass in the engine so the handling feels more nimble. Design features and mods of this very clean well maintained bike: 

      Electronic Variable Oil Injection design, no mixing of fuel required! The oil tank holds enough for up to 3 tanks of gas.

      Dual Ignition Map soft and hard power curves

      Adjustable Power Valve; can completely change the power characteristics from linear to a distinct hit (which is easy to predict and ride thru). I have the soft map + distinct hit tuned via the power valve ( a simple hex head bolt adjustable without removing any cover). This combo makes for plenty of grunt in the woods, but not so much that the throttle is jerky. then when the trail opens up you have the awesome power up top when the power value opens up.

      Suspension revalved and resprung by Stillwell (The Beta experts) for 190 lb rider. 

      Rekluse 3.0 Core EXP Clutch: top line of the auto clutch, is a magical addition that makes any ride better. can still use clutch manually to pop over obstacles etc. 

      Full off road protection:
      Aluminum Pipe guard
      Acerbis Hand guards
      Rear disk guard
      EE skid plate
      BRP radiator guards
      Clutch Slave guard with brush bar

      Ox Brake Left Hand Rear Brake; simple cable system to operate brake with foot or hand
      Beta Fork Bleeders
      Larger kickstand foot to not sink in the mud

      Goldentyre Fatty front tire; unmatched traction
      Shinko 520 rear tire; recommended with Tubliss system
      Tubliss system Front and Rear: dramatically improves traction; can run much lower pressure safely and maintain much better flat protection, also with lighter weight than HD tubes. You can run safely on a flat tire back to the truck due to this design

      PLUS: Registered and Plated in Missouri. Along with the oil injection you can dual sport this bike and fill up along the way without having to mix oil. It will maintain 65 mph with stock gearing and still crawl in the technical sections. (lights removed currently. Horn retained so you can honk to alert slower riders in the woods )

      All Extras 
      Stock skid plate, DOT Michelin tires
      (oil tank currently removed)

      Bike is maintained regularly. Steering, swingarm and linkage bearing greased with Bel-Ray waterproof grease. Fresh Rotella in gearbox. No Toil air filter oil used. Extra Twin air filter included

      Parts are reasonable and very easy to get. 285 miles, 18hrs

      This bike is ready to roll: race, trail or dual sport. It is set up perfectly and better than new with Rekluse, suspension, Tubliss LHRB and all the protection parts.
       
    • By kbro45
      I recently fitted my 300rr with Flexx bars and noticed the brake line fitting would rub on the bars.  I was pretty limited in what position I could run my master cylinder.  I did a search on here and found that some people had tweaked the brake line fitting.  Before I ever had a chance to try that I noticed I was getting a very slow leak around the banjo bolt which I assume was from the fitting being pressed up against the bars.  
      I ordered a Core brake line off ebay (listed for 2015 300rr).  The fitting on this brake line is bent a little differently and provides much more clearance.  The line is also custom made to order so you get to choose the color of the different parts of it for a little extra bling.    


    • By gaortiz
      Preordered my 2018 500-RR-S yesterday! Time to start buying parts! The bike should be at my dealer the first week of September!
      So far my parts list is below. Feel free to suggest additions!
      Cycra hand guards,
      front disc guard,
      rear disc guard,
      slave cylinder guard
       rad guards,
      rad hoses,
      3 gallon tank
      Hyde skid plate

    • By JRobby24
      I am selling my x trainer, it is an amazing bike with smooth power delivery. Almost impossible to stall! It is all stock and original I just added the handguards. It is a 300cc 2 stroke, perfect for a beginner or someone that wants an agile bike for hard enduro/ singletrack riding. Very well maintained only has about 35 hours on it and kept in a climate controlled garage. Only reason I am selling is because I will be getting a more aggressive bike for doing xc racing in Louisiana where they don't have much for technical trails. Please email me with any questions about the bike I will get back as fast as I can. Thanks for looking. Price is $6500. I do not need help selling.