• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

ON SALE!   12/06/2017

Up to 20% off Yuasa Batteries & Battery Accessories!
Andrew Puetz

Beta 300RR Dirt Bike Channel Thread

659 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Wow.. I didn’t hear of that. Is it a certain year or model. Which Ktm cases crack from kicking.???

2017.  Supposedly a bolt was too short so not many threads ran into the case.  I read on another forum that later 2017 models were updated to correct the issue.  Im a little cloudy on the details cause I read it awhile ago, but theres some pictures of it and details on ktmtalk.

1 person likes this

I'd also like to hear what years and model.

A bit on KTM, I bought my Beta 300 and the dealer (the owner) said to me as we were standing outside looking at Husky, KTM and Beta. I hadn't made up my mind what new bike I was buying yet. I hadn't really considered Beta much at that time. He said "a lot of KTMs are coming back with warranty issues" and it was a problem for him. He mentioned cracked cases and suspension locking up etc. his words, " Beta hasn't had any warranty stuff, they don't come back in" he said. People love them. at that time I started researching Beta. Like 3 months later I bought my Beta. Certain things I kinda don't like, kill switch location, handle bars are full of stuff. But everything else is super Bueno! Oh and the thermostat is lame. The replacement hose kit is 180.00

1 person likes this

Wow.. I didn’t hear of that. Is it a certain year or model. Which Ktm cases crack from kicking.???

I've seen it happen to 3 yz 250s over the years. I think they where mid to late 2000s models... but i can't say for sure

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThumperTalk mobile app

1 person likes this

Just now, RhinofromWA said:

I've seen it happen to 3 yz 250s over the years. I think they where mid to late 2000s models... but i can't say for sure

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Hmm that’s a first I’ve heard on that. I’ve heard the kicker shaft on yzs  break . 

Just now, hawaiidirtrider said:

Hmm that’s a first I’ve heard on that. I’ve heard the kicker shaft on yzs  break . 

That's right!   Well, when the shaft broke it took the case out around it.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, RhinofromWA said:

That’s even worse.

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Unstoppable120s said:

A bit on KTM, I bought my Beta 300 and the dealer (the owner) said to me as we were standing outside looking at Husky, KTM and Beta. I hadn't made up my mind what new bike I was buying yet. I hadn't really considered Beta much at that time. He said "a lot of KTMs are coming back with warranty issues" and it was a problem for him. He mentioned cracked cases and suspension locking up etc. his words, " Beta hasn't had any warranty stuff, they don't come back in" he said. People love them. at that time I started researching Beta. Like 3 months later I bought my Beta. Certain things I kinda don't like, kill switch location, handle bars are full of stuff. But everything else is super Bueno! Oh and the thermostat is lame. The replacement hose kit is 180.00 emoji23.png

So I am assuming he meant new bikes. Haven't really heard of that issue and I  have been poking around the KTM 2t section a while. E start problems on the last engine, reeds and float heights are all real issues tho.

34 minutes ago, RhinofromWA said:

that was my understanding of what occurs if you are unlucky.

Helped a guy strip his yz down the other day.... jumping out of 3rd.

Worn dogs and shift forks look like someone took a grinder to their contact points.

It's all right guys he's giving his opinion, he and his buddy don't like the KTM 300 XC-W either, that is actually Beta's target. Evidently the guy doesn't like wide gear boxes and softer valved suspension. You know the kind where you can be in the wrong gear. He got used to the KTM 300 XC and that's not a bad baseline for comparison since most know what that rides like.

He is riding a borrowed bike and not one that he tailor set up for himself, and riding out west is much different than my area. I've ridden Moab and surrounding area on 3 weeklong trips on 3 bikes-  KTM 300 xc-w, 500RS, and 300RR. I can see where a close ratio lightweight bike set up for that environment would be really nice there. I still liked the 300RR best myself.

Also setting up a Beta suspension wise is different. Example- I bet he set sag around 115 like the KTM.

Only thing I don't like is he doesn't give enough credit for what the Beta has. Oil injection, lights, very adjustable power set-up, on board tool kit, push button seat removal, usable grab handles, all switches and horn for DOT if you want to go that way, linkage, ergo adjustment (handlebar position.) Some of these things add weight, or could be easily taken off and be closer to xc weight. It's still different, which to me is good.

3 people like this

Saw in his latest video that Beta wants to give him another loaner. Looks like it will be the 390RR if he takes them up on the offer.

1 hour ago, NW_drZ said:

Saw in his latest video that Beta wants to give him another loaner. Looks like it will be the 390RR if he takes them up on the offer.

If he gets a 390 any predictions? I've got mine, but I'll reserve it and wait to see if he actually gets one to review.  

2 minutes ago, firffighter said:

If he gets a 390 any predictions? I've got mine, but I'll reserve it and wait to see if he actually gets one to review.  

He will love the RR transmission, and handling, but prefer the two stroke power delivery.

It's not a KTM 300 so he won't like it. Probably won't set anything up for him, suspension, gearing, bars, levers, foot pegs, etc.... you know like all the stuff most people personalize for themselves and then hate it because it isn't a KTM.
4 people like this

Why the hell does Beta want to give him a 390? Dudes a complete idiot! Doesn't understand the use of a Beta! Rideability and tight technical single track!!!
4 people like this

Keep bugging him to enter a race ..Once he starts racing he’ll learn a whole lot more. Encourage him. It’s a win win.  He will wake the &%$#@! up and realize a lot more hopefully. Now if he becomes humble like Barry will be a revelation. So far he’s acting like he’s Shane Watts trying to teach now.:facepalm:

5 people like this

Keep bugging him to enter a race ..Once he starts racing he’ll learn a whole lot more. Encourage him. It’s a win win.  He will wake the &%$#@! up and realize a lot more hopefully. Now if he becomes humble like Barry will be a revelation. So far he’s acting like he’s Shane Watts trying to teach now.:facepalm:

I'm sure Barry could run circles around him. I puke a little everytime I listen to a word come out of his mouth.
3 people like this

15 minutes ago, gaortiz said:

I'm sure Barry could run circles around him. I puke a little everytime I listen to a word come out of his mouth.

One thing Barry is good at is not entering pizzing matches too. :) 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, BushPig said:

One thing Barry is good at is not entering pizzing matches too. :) 

Hes humble and honest. You can see he knows how to ride but guys that know how to ride don’t have to sell how good they are. If you ride and video you know . You recognize what is hard and see that in vids... even though the camera flattens the view a bit sometimes. Self deprecating humor helps too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
3 people like this

Kyle sounds quite similar to the show off middle school kid in every school that thinks he knows something but it's all talk and no show

1 person likes this

26 Pages dedicated to crapping on some dudes youtube. LoL at Thumpertalk lately. 

Anyway, ran my 2018 Beta 300RR this weekend at a muddy charity ride in New England and it was the bee's knee's. Stock skid plate is a McDonald's food tray, as I hit one log hard crossing it, and my right frame rail has a nice new dent. Saweettttttt. I love my bike,  Maybe Kyle just needs to get the New New?

Edited by NEGbrap
2 people like this

On 10/30/2017 at 7:20 PM, gaortiz said:

Why the hell does Beta want to give him a 390? Dudes a complete idiot! Doesn't understand the use of a Beta! Rideability and tight technical single track!!!

He has a lot of subscribers and on Betas side they have nothing to lose. Any advertising is good I guess.. even if the review may or may not be the greatest. It’s just getting the name out. The more exposure any brand gets the better. Honestly all brands of dirt bike make a good product. It’s just certain differences that give the edge.

And this guy?  .. I just think if one wants to follow recommendations it’s smarter to listen to someone with experience.  So what level of rider is he? What experience does he have?  

Has he ever lined up for a race? Any race..C level in whatever kind of race? Hare scrambles? Even a poker run? What bikes has he ridden?? What kind of riding does he do? Well nice flowing cow trails..ok. 

So going out riding with any group of vet trail riders ... actually  vet riders are too high. It’s actually anyone who has even entered a race that I think is a step up. 

So honestly what would this guy be? a C level?   a. B level?  On a generic object level I gotta put this guy below any C level rider that has entered a race and or rides hard trail. That’s a step above noob. No? Then what level?  Is that a smart choice for a reference source? :excuseme:

For anyone questioning my perspective? Im an average broken down old vet mx tral racer and extreme enduro and whatever thats been riding and racing a long time . .. since 1967.  TT and the trails are littered with guys like me. Got oodles of us.. fat and with old injuries and still rolling in the dirt. A bunch still line up for races and are just happy to be there. I still race. .. just the enduros , extreme and sprints.  No mx anymore. Mostly trail riding .

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
1 person likes this