I am starting this thread to hopefully assist in my attempt to build a 2017 KTM SMC/Enduro R SuMo from the ground up skipping all of the OEM parts that would traditionally be replaced anyway.

With that being said any information would be much appreciated and this is a long term goal I will happily post info and pics as i go.

I am curious if there have been any changes between then 2016 and 2017 bike that would keep me from getting parts like the frame swingarm and engine forks ex... I have attempted to find such information through various searches but its like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Also I may be on here to buy unused parts hopefully cheaper than I could get from a site for those of you that upgrade the gas tank and have no use for the OEM

I will reserve the first comment and keep it updated with parts I buy and install throughout the build and reserve comment 2 and quote any important information I find for anyone doing future builds or from people that have done exceptional work to this Diamond in the rough.

Thank you all!! Hope we can embrace this journey together.

SMH

I have a front fender from a 2107 SMC and Enduro R. White/black and white/Black, brand new tires and rims off of a 2017 Enduro R. Let me know if you would like to take them off my hands.

I have a front fender from a 2107 SMC and Enduro R. White/black and white/Black, brand new tires and rims off of a 2017 Enduro R. Let me know if you would like to take them off my hands.

Would you mind pming what you'd let them go for thank you

I'm guessing it is cheaper to do it this way than starting with a Husky 701 Supermoto?