oil level problem

hi everyone, i have recently bought a 2004 wr450f.
today i did a engine oil and filter change, im having trouble checking the oil level.
the bike is supposed to take 1.1l of engine oil so that is what i put in then ran the engine for 5 mins, upon checking the level with the dipstick in the frame there was no oil on it whatsoever.
so i added another 200ml of oil and ran the engine for a few minutes.
i have read many times that you should wait 5 minutes after turning the engine off before checking the oil level, but if i do that there is no engine oil on the dipstick at all.
if i wait 30 seconds to check the oil after switch off the oil on the dipstick is full, if i wait 2 minutes it shows half full, if i wait 5 minutes it shows as empty !
it seems like all the oil is quickly draining back to the crankcase.
do i have a problem ?
how long should i wait until i check the oil ?
i now have 200ml more oil in the engine than recommended and the dipstick is still showing as empty after 5 mins of being switched off.

Sounds like you have way too much oil in the bike now. 

I don't know specifically about your model. However bikes with oil in the frame take a long time to get it where it is supposed to be. 

Our XR250's took 20 minuets of riding to check the oil in the frame. 

oil is getting into the frame very quickly, the problem is the oil seems to be leaving the frame very quickly.

You need to download a service manual for free from Yamaha's power sports website (must register) and read it.

Run motor till hot (3 min plus)

Stop motor on level ground

Wait 1 minute, then read the dip stick

You must DRAIN ALL THE OIL AND CLEAR THE FILTER SCREEN from the sump, the sub-sump, and the frame storage, to get all the oil out.

You need to download a service manual for free from Yamaha's power sports website (must register) and read it.
Run motor till hot (3 min plus)
Stop motor on level ground
Wait 1 minute, then read the dip stick
You must DRAIN ALL THE OIL AND CLEAR THE FILTER SCREEN from the sump, the sub-sump, and the frame storage, to get all the oil out.

I have got all the oil out.
The problem I have is the oil draining back from the frame so quickly which the manual won't be any help, so thought someone on here may know why the oil is draining from the frame faster than anyone else has ever reported, as the question has been posed for days now I will assume nobody knows why.
I have drained the oil and added 1.1L of oil regardless of the fact the dipstick says after 1 minute that my oil is empty.

4 hours ago, whiteakita said:

The problem I have is the oil draining back from the frame so quickly which the manual won't be any help, so thought someone on here may know why the oil is draining from the frame faster than anyone else has ever reported, as the question has been posed for days now I will assume nobody knows why.
I have drained the oil and added 1.1L of oil regardless of the fact the dipstick says after 1 minute that my oil is empty.

Just for laughs try riding the bike for 30 minuets and check it. 

On 2017-6-12 at 7:23 PM, whiteakita said:

Your oil pump could be worn, allowing oil to seep past it when the engine is not running. Have you ever cracked the oil pressure check bolt? How fast does oil flow out of it when engine is running, warm, and bolt is loosened a turn or so?