2002 ttr125

I just bought this bike for my Grandson a couple of months ago. The guy I bought it from said the top and bottom had been rebuilt. It looks so clean and ran really good. Checked the oil a couple of times while he was just riding around the yard and it was never low. We took it out last Weekend on the trails and forgot to check the oil. After about an hour or so he said it started making a real quick clicking sound. We stopped it and it smoked some from the front of the engine

I checked the oil and it was low. It did not register when just putting the dip stick in. When I screwed it down it registered half way up. I put it back in and started it. It would not go in gear so I turned it back off

Got home and put oil in it but still won't go in gear. I pulled the sides of the engine and everything looks good but I know it's not

Any ideas or suggestions?

Did he show paperwork to prove it was rebuilt?

Tip for buying used bikes : if they don't have the paperwork to prove a rebuild, then chances are that rebuild didn't happen

If it was rebuilt, a peice could have came loose and got stuck in the gears.

If it is internal, with theses bikes, it's cheaper to strip this one down for parts and buy another one. They have very little resale value and likely you'll spend enough money fixing it to buy another whole bike

I'm not a pro, but I would check the shifting linkage. It might be the unexpeted and simple problem. The is a bolt on the underside of the clamp that connects to the shifting rod, and It just might be loose. Hope Your problem is simple man.

• Like 1

I'm not a pro, (when it comes to inside problems) but I would check the shifting linkage. It might be the unexpeted and simple problem. The is a bolt on the underside of the clamp that connects to the shifting rod, and It just might be loose. Hope Your problem is simple man.

I finally took it to the Yamaha dealership and it was the clutch and the clutch basket.
It smokes now when first starting but stops after a minute or so. They said it probably wasn't rebuilt either.

Sent from my E6810 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1