Got that Thursday night feelin'

Some of you know what I'm talking about...you've got a ride planned this weekend and have been looking forward to it for a week or more. Just got to get through one more day of work and then your mind is focused on getting in the dirt.

Friday after work, I'm getting all my gear/tools/gas put together in one spot in the garage so I don't forget anything. Take care of any last things on the bike. Set the alarm for 5:00am and go to bed early. Now, I'm no morning person by any stretch...but ride day is about the only time i"m fine with being up that early. Wake up, grab a shower and a cup of coffee and start loading the truck then head out down the road to have some fun!

This probably doesn't apply to those that have acres of riding right out their door and don't have to drive for a couple hours. If you're one of those people...great...I'm happy for ya...sort of... lol. Mostly jealous though.

Have a fun/safe ride out there this weekend!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Force10 said:

Some of you know what I'm talking about...you've got a ride planned this weekend and have been looking forward to it for a week or more. Just got to get through one more day of work and then your mind is focused on getting in the dirt.

Friday after work, I'm getting all my gear/tools/gas put together in one spot in the garage so I don't forget anything. Take care of any last things on the bike. Set the alarm for 5:00am and go to bed early. Now, I'm no morning person by any stretch...but ride day is about the only time i"m fine with being up that early. Wake up, grab a shower and a cup of coffee and start loading the truck then head out down the road to have some fun!

This probably doesn't apply to those that have acres of riding right out their door and don't have to drive for a couple hours. If you're one of those people...great...I'm happy for ya...sort of... lol. Mostly jealous though.

Its Friday afternoon here. Not planning on riding this weekend believe it or not. Maybe. Got several projects on ATM.

I get the same feeling. Every working day is consumed with the thoughts of riding the weekend. Prepping the bike, making sure I have everything I need. Then on a Friday get everything together, ready to load the van early Sunday morning. I have only been riding for little over a year, but I have noticed my weeks go quicker because I'm constantly looking forward to the next Sunday

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BushPig said:

Its Friday afternoon here. Not planning on riding this weekend believe it or not. Maybe. Got several projects on ATM.

I hear you, I can ride out my back door and haven't ridden for over a week, too many irons in the fire it seems.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Force10 said:

+1  That is me, 2 hours to my favorite riding place and dream about it all week.

I checked weather Wed and saw hot weather moving in Friday so I took a vac day Thursday and had a fantastic time down there.  Still, here it is Friday and I can't wait to go back Saturday and Sunday.  Since it will be hot, I am hoping to hit the road before the sun comes up and get 5 hours riding in by the time it gets hot.

I have an load time advantage in that I have my riding truck always loaded with gear, gas, tools, cooler, food, shovels, chain saw, and first aid kit.  All I have to do is walk the bike out of the shop and cinch two pull straps to it, maybe 1 minute load time and I'm on the highway.  I spend all week thinking of what needs worked on and ordered and spend a lot of weekday nights working on bikes and trucks.  Hitting the weekend knowing everything is tip top shape is a good feeling. 

When I was out Thursday I hooked up with a young lad (18y) on a 2017 YZ250X 2T. He pushed me to run harder than normal and I noticed my forks were not as suppple as I like in the roots.  I had just changed oil in them last week. I may take a little oil out of the outter tube tonight.  I can't wait to go!!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 11:47 PM, cjjeepercreeper said:

I hear you, I can ride out my back door and haven't ridden for over a week, too many irons in the fire it seems.

Yeah, have a smashed master cylinder, forks that need rebuilding, beer to brew, food to cook, car tail lights to wire up, I had a wedding to go to also.

That wedding we ended up partying until 7AM. I wasnt able to get home till 1PM. Totally killed being able to wrench until today (Monday) which is a public holiday.

• Like 1

Had that feeling this past week... got to the staging area got geared up took off onto the trail get to the second corner (literally 200 feet from the trucks) my buddy goes down and were off to the hospital!  Now i'm left with an empty feeling and a worse itch to ride!!!!

1 hour ago, BigBird809 said:

Had that feeling this past week... got to the staging area got geared up took off onto the trail get to the second corner (literally 200 feet from the trucks) my buddy goes down and were off to the hospital!  Now i'm left with an empty feeling and a worse itch to ride!!!!

This same type thing happened to me back in December. My buddy, that's in the vid above...separated his shoulder on the second run of the day...about 45 minutes into the ride. No rushing him to the hospital but the day was over. We were just talking about how awesome the trail conditions were...nice and damp/tacky but not too muddy.

Crap happens...

7 hours ago, Force10 said:

This same type thing happened to me back in December. My buddy, that's in the vid above...separated his shoulder on the second run of the day...about 45 minutes into the ride. No rushing him to the hospital but the day was over. We were just talking about how awesome the trail conditions were...nice and damp/tacky but not too muddy.

Crap happens...

Yes it does.  A friend on ours went out on his brand new bike yesterday.  Broken clavicle, dislocated shoulder and punctured lung. ?  There goes his summer of riding his new bike.

One of the lucky ones here.
The wash behind my house leads to hundreds of miles of paradise.
It helps to live in AZ where they let you plate a lawn mower as long as you put insurance on it[emoji16]

15 minutes ago, lhc450 said:

One of the lucky ones here.
The wash behind my house leads to hundreds of miles of paradise.
It helps to live in AZ where they let you plate a lawn mower as long as you put insurance on itemoji16.png

If you can stand the heat.  I lived in Tucson back in the 80s before they made it illegal to ride most anywhere in Pima Cty, used to blast all the washes on my XR500R on my way out to the desert.  6k desert is much cooler. ?

• Like 1

If you can stand the heat.  I lived in Tucson back in the 80s before they made it illegal to ride most anywhere in Pima Cty, used to blast all the washes on my XR500R on my way out to the desert.  6k desert is much cooler. [emoji6]

We are having a mild summer so far.
High today is only gonna reach 90.
Lucky for me, my neighbors don't mind me heading out at 5:00am during the hot months.
The higher desert is really nice right now as well. IMG_4912.JPG
Hualapia Mountain just outside Kingman
About an hour away and 5500-7000 foot elevation.