Canyon ridge trail

Anyone been up to canyon ridge trail off 542 yet this year? Curious how much snow there is up there.

tons of snow up on canyon creek still.  Doubt the trail will be ride able until august.  if it wasnt for the road washout i would still be riding sleds in that area. 

The bham FS namely erin uloth had the road tank trapped and blocked off completely. You guys need to help us by calling in or writing them to open the road. They have the money to fix the washout. Instead they used it to block the road off

Edited by whitehorsephotograph
  • Like 1

the washout is pretty substantial but the road is not completely blocked off when i was last up there.  it was only blocked of for cars just before the washout.  It was still open for sleds and motorcycles as of a month ago. Its washed out in the exact same spot as previously.  Not a good sign.  I will be writing the fs to show my support for fixing it but i dont think they've spent all the money just to block it off.    

On 6/11/2017 at 11:00 AM, whitehorsephotograph said:

The bham FS namely erin uloth had the road tank trapped and blocked off completely. You guys need to help us by calling in or writing them to open the road. They have the money to fix the washout. Instead they used it to block the road off

Has it been blocked off more then it was all winter?

The Canyon Ridge Trail isn't open to moto until August 1st, and even then there are usually huge snow fields everywhere. My brother and I have cut the trail out the last 5 years on opening day. That's not to say it stays tree free, but for the most part once it's open, it's open. If you ride like a honey badger and can't keep your rear wheel from digging holes, get some more seat time before you do this one. A bunch of bros on dual sports went up there a couple of years ago and made a mess of some of the climbs. This trail is very difficult and hard to follow in some spots. Also, every time I've been up there I've run into bears and hikers. The bears seem friendly. If you want a tour guide, we'll be there with chainsaws on August 1st.

10428042_10152223275117256_5835999582336312550_n.jpg

• Like 7

Ya I was just curious if anyone had been up that way yet. Myself and another guy rode it last year for the first time in late August. One of the coolest trails I've ever ridden. It's awesome that you put in the effort to maintain it.