So, with the 2016 yz450f I had some initial setup issues I dealt with, I got the pro circuit 143.5mm link, put the handlebars in the forward position and some ss brake lines....all setup issues seem resolved. I'm feeling the bike likes the sag at 105 with forks up 3mm. What is everyone else's numbers?

Personal race sag with an aftermarket link or the stock suspension?

Either. I liked a lot of sag with stock link, 105 with pc link.
102 with link, 110mm without. Raise forks as required

What type of dirt do you ride?

I may attempt an aftermarket link as well here in the near future as well.

I was running around 106mm with the forks 4mm up in the clamps until I put Ride 22mm clamps on it. Now I think it'll need quite a bit more sag to balance out the chassis. I haven't played with it much more since I picked up my TX300, but I think it'll end up being somewhere around 110mm to 112mm. I think an aftermarket link will help to get me back to more normal sag numbers and balance things out. 

• Like 1

So I just picked up a '16 450F, what's the deal with the OE link that has folks wanting to replace it?

Per Yamaha 95-100m of race sag.  The bike is a little different from others, and I found this to be accurate to get good front end bite.

I tried every number between 95 and 100....no good. Needs more sag then that. Seems the higher the ride height the more irritating the front end is, sack it out in the rear and the bike is much better.

So I just picked up a '16 450F, what's the deal with the OE link that has folks wanting to replace it?

Stock it's too high, link is short. If you get the height that gels with you it'll probably be too squishy and dead in the rear. The link lowers the back about 8mm, stiffened the initial part of the stroke and with sag somewhere close to 105 makes the bike way more stable and somehow turn better. With stock link and recommended 95-100mm sag, the front understeer and fights you, plus it makes the rear seem loose and swap in whoops. Overall, a longer link with more sag balances the bike the way I personally feel it should have came. You can do anything on it.