Do you try to stick with one brand or is your gear a bunch of different brands?

The thread on helmet fitment got me thinking about this because he has a Fox helmet and Fox goggles, not sure if intentional or not.  Some people are more fashion conscious than others, or more brand loyal.  Where are you guys on this?  When I have on all the gear I am wearing stuff from 8 different manufacturers, Bell, 100%, Atlas, Scott, ANSR, Troy Lee, Thor, and Fly. :crazy:

• Like 2

My gear is a mix also. I buy whatever is on clearance that somewhat go's with the bikes color. In no particular order I have Fly, Fox, Thor, MSR, Scott,  One Industries, Troy Lee, and probably some others I forgot. I ride a lot so have multiple pants, and jerseys only one set is matching. 

• Like 2

Brand is a qualifier (known good quality) but not a choice element. Any piece of gear that works and is good quality, regardless of brand. Mix and match without regard. 

• Like 1

I don't care about mismatching brands. I wouldn't even like to have a full kit in the same style (matching jersey and pants). But I like the red, white, and blue color scheme so it will usually fit in with that.

If it is protective, then quality, price, and style. If it has no protective value, then price and fashion.

I have a mix.  Scott, MSR, Fly, Thor, 100%, Fox......

I try to buy as much Fly as possible as they are an Idaho company.  I'd like to support Klim, also an Idaho company, but I have to be able to justify the cost.

1 hour ago, wielywilly-g said:

At the moment, Oakley Air Brake Goggles, Bell Moto9 helmet, Fox chest protector, Fox BomberGloves, Gaerne S12 Boots.

I do try to stay with the lime green theme.

LOL, yeah, I look like the red Power Ranger.  Red and while Bell helmet, red Atlas neck brace, red and white Scott gear, red and white ANSR gloves.  I guess I need to do something about those black Fly boots, though.  :smirk:

• Like 1

I ride what I can get the cheapest that does the trick. I also mountain bike race (downhill) so we have some "hook-ups" for that, so those are the brands I typically purchase for moto (really just pants since the jersey's, gloves, helmets, goggles, pads, etc. from DH racing all work for moto)

I ride moto for hobby, so I don't really need to impress anyone out on the trails. 

• Like 3

When I was young kids racing I wouldn't care , wore some mixed matching stuff different color but didn't matter I was racing . Then when got more money I'd buy shift gear and over the boot pants thought they were cool at the time. Now I run whatever is best deal in black /white but more white sun gets hot black. I just don't wear fox anymore everyone does it seems . Northeast classic series use to give away plants /jersey and more stuff if top 3. So free was always the best for me also

i like to look good while i ride but can't justify the cost of "in style gear". Right now for practice i run some mid 90s maroon and white thor gear i got for free from a family friend (vented perfectly), sometimes some ansr stuff in orange and navy blue i got from a AA rider who throws away gear every other race. couple of other old outfits. for races i wear my Troy lee designs GP stuff. Super light and vented, not over the top, O'Neal helmet (that'll change soon), 100% or Ansr gloves, 100% goggles, and fly boots. and a fly hydro pack if i'm doing hare scrambles

• Like 1

My gear matches perfectly, old Hard Yakka overalls, complete with burn holes from welding slag for ventilation, fluro green mechanic's gloves and bolle' foam backed saftey glasses (rated to a 230mph impact from a 3 gram particle of course, saftey first)

All *cough* generously donated by my workplace

But a fox v4 helmet and SIDI crossfire boots, I don't mess around with helmet fit and quality boots.

• Like 2

Boots, googles and helmets I'm not really brand loyal. Right before I got my 1st bike, my dad's work buddy gave me an old set of Fox Pawltectors. Other than a brief LBZ period in the mid 90's, gear has always been Fox.

I miss the good ole days when you could walk up and ask a person what they rode if you saw them wear the Fox.

• Like 3

I stick with the same brand. Fox will never be found in my gear bag. I've given that company several opportunities, but their quality is horrible.

I stick with the same brand. Fox will never be found in my gear bag. I've given that company several opportunities, but their quality is horrible.

i gave them one chance on a set of pants that pre maturely ripped on ONE ride. after contacting their customer support multiple times i got the same answer "it's a high wear area". But they're motocross pants. they're supposed to be durable. i'll stick to my mid 90s thor and late 80s scott gear bag instead.
  • Like 1

i gave them one chance on a set of pants that pre maturely ripped on ONE ride. after contacting their customer support multiple times i got the same answer "it's a high wear area". But they're motocross pants. they're supposed to be durable. i'll stick to my mid 90s thor and late 80s scott gear bag instead.

Same here. Zipper busted on first pair on first ride, ok, another chance. Then second pair stitching came apart along waist. Last pair stitching came apart on the inner left leg. They had very few rides on them and zero wrecks. I like the look of FOX, but I can't afford a new set every other weekend.
  • Like 2