Trying to find 2007 RM250 Intake Boot

Rebuilt a 2007 RM250 over the winter and have been chasing a hanging idle.  Yesterday I took the carb apart to reclean it and sealed the vforce3 with silicone sealent to ensure that wasn't leaking.  During this I noticed that the air intake boot is cracked a bit but I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a replacement.  Every place I've checked have them on back order with no expected delivery date.  I remember reading that some YZ and RM engine parts are interchangeable.  Any chance a YZ would fit and what years?

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

PIPE, INTAKE (13110-37F40)

Here's a pic. Ignore the front brake line routing and chain tightness.  I was waiting for the 2008 CRF450 master cylinder and SS brake line to arrive and only temporarily put the front brake.  Both are all good now (chain and front brake).

IMG_5298.JPG

Edited by WILMAR298

The only easy option if you can't find oem or used on ebay, is the Boyesen rad valve I believe it comes with the intake boot.

If you are looking for the reed valve carb boot-YES yz250 is the same. Suzuki went to a shorter reed side intake boot in 06 and added a spacer. It's identical to the yz250. I know because it's what I bought when I had my 05 rm250.

That's awesome news, thanks guys!

Unrelated but I just got a notification from motosport that the 07 boot arrived and was shipped today.  Sure didn't expect that!

When restoring vintage bikes, a product that will seal the cracks in rubber manifolds or boots is 3M Super weatherstrip adhesive, choose the black one. The stuff is phenomenal at restoring old boots. It will never crack at the same place again. 

• Like 1