Southwest Calgary, McLean Creek

Great pics! Love going out there. Only been twice this year. Where did you make it to?

I covered about 60kms that day, in that pic I was over at Cloud Nine.

• Like 1

You are a better man than me.  No way could I put in 60k in a day at McLean. :o   

• Like 1

I cracked 103 kms last weekend out at MacLean. At the end of the day I felt like I was run over by a gravel truck, went down on the Barwell Ridge and twisted my knee pretty bad but kept going. Love that place, back out on holiday Monday!

• Like 1

Damn, I need to get back to Indian Graves. I didn't find that ridge last time I was out there, looks incredible all wide open like that. I'm going to check maps and possibly bug you to find out where that is.

Couple from MacLean, far West edge by the Elbow then on top of Swanee Ridge looking East.

20170603_121126.jpg

20170618_130427.jpg

• Like 1

TBH, I don't know how I ended up getting there. We just went on our way!  Still learning Indian Graves.  I know how to get there if I went back.  Impossible to explain it...

IMG_7232.JPG

G P S !  

Ive been to Indian Graves twice and found essentially no single track.  Kinda hesitant to go back for that reason.

Does anyone know where to ride awesome single tracks around Rocky Mountain House?  

There looks to be some reasonable single track around Gloomy Creek just SW of Rocky MH.  

• Like 1

Yes we went to Rocky Mountian House last week,  found a spot about 50kms south west of RMH.  Check out these photos!   We were around Baseline Mountian.

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

Edited by SMP220
One picture is duplicated

That looks very much like part of the race loop from the recent Gloomy Creek hair scramble.

• Like 1

Is MacLean closed for dirtbiking right now?

I heard 2nd hand from someone that due the the fire ban they are not allowing bikes on any trails.

All of Southern AB? I guess that includes Indian Graves, that was my backup plan for Sat morning.

where is the sad and hate button..    there is nothing to like about these fire ban!

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 4:09 PM, Engine09 said:

All of Southern AB? I guess that includes Indian Graves, that was my backup plan for Sat morning.

ALL of S Alberta.  Everything south of the Red Deer River. 

On 9/7/2017 at 10:41 PM, SMP220 said:

where is the sad and hate button..    there is nothing to like about these fire ban!

I just drove up from the coast and it rained like a MFr around Golden.  There cannot be any fires in that area after the amount of water that fell from the sky.  Hopefully that comes east a bit.

• Like 1