1 minute ago, ThatOneYamahaGuy said:

So I've got a bike in mind from another post I did but just kinda searching around for what bike i should get I want a 250 and I am a VERY and when I say VERY I mean VERY ? Aggressive rider So I'm looking or a bike that can hold up against me my ttr just throws the chain constantly I've broken like 5 chain guides and I need help for a bike that will withstand my aggressive riding 

You need to learn how to ride properly... 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Monk said:

Yes, and once you do since you are apparently a "Yamaha guy" then a YZ250X would be nice.  But going from a TTR to a potent 250 2t is a bit of a change.

Just now, William1 said:

... and properly maintain your bike. A bigger, faster bike will just cause your problems to arrive bigger and faster.

4 minutes ago, Monk said:

wtf whats with this hate ive had the bike since i was 7 and its still running im very agressive with it thats it i change the oil every other ride i wash it every time i always clean the air filter after every ride... i know what im doing... just looking to upgrade to a bigger bike im not 3 i can take care of things...

8 minutes ago, Monk said:

hang on... hang on.... explain to me how i "dont know how to ride" even though ive been riding all my life...

wtf whats with this hate ive had the bike since i was 7 and its still running im very agressive with it thats it i change the oil every other ride i wash it every time i always clean the air filter after every ride... i know what im doing... just looking to upgrade to a bigger bike im not 3 i can take care of things...

I have an RM250 2T and it is a beast !!! So really any 250 2t from yamaha, honda, suzuki, ktm, kawi, husky, or any of the top brands have pretty snappy power.

Thank you lol

Yup! If you love riding do it, just take care of your bike, and it should treat you good back!

Just now, cjjeepercreeper said:

Bikes, especially TTRs, don't throw chains with any regularity.  There is something wrong here.

TTR's are KNOWN for throwing chains XD ive had one for almost 6 years... at least join this forum with knowledge if your gonna post

yup ive had my TTR for almost 6 years and shes still running great

2 minutes ago, ThatOneYamahaGuy said:

Not hate,, just honesty. You said you've 'thrown the chain five times'. Last time I threw a chain was when one snapped on a 180 hp road race bike, before that I was seven and it was a 4hp mini bike. If a bike is loosing the chain, something is not being taken care of. TTR's are supposed to run forever with basic care. That is why they are popular. However, throwing chains is a maintenance issue. Once is accidental, twice is sloppy, more than that is careless and irresponsible.

• Like 5

Just now, OGxZephyr said:

Yup! If you love riding do it, just take care of your bike, and it should treat you good back!

yup ive had my little ttr 125 for 6 years shes an '04 and shes still running great

• Like 1

TTR's are KNOWN for throwing chains XD ive had one for almost 6 years... at least join this forum with knowledge if your gonna post

yup ive had my TTR for almost 6 years and shes still running great

Calm down guys please, I've been riding since 3 also, and I still don't know everything about a bike, no reason for hating on him

Just now, ThatOneYamahaGuy said:

Oh, OK, I guess riding since 1972 must make me an idiot.   My grandson has a TTR230, he has never thrown the chain.  You have no business on a bike apparently.

Just now, William1 said:

Not hate,, just honesty. You said you've 'thrown the chain five times'. Last time I threw a chain was when one snapped on a 180 hp road race bike, before that I was seven and it was a 4hp mini bike. If a bike is loosing the chain, something is not being taken care of. TTR's are supposed to run forever with basic care. That is why they are popular. However, throwing chains is a maintenance issue. Once is accidental, twice is sloppy, more than that is careless and irresponsible.

Have you ever owned a ttr...?

yup ive had my little ttr 125 for 6 years shes an '04 and shes still running great

Nice I started on a jr50 then a kx65 and just got a new 01 rm250!

1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Oh, OK, I guess riding since 1972 must make me an idiot.   My grandson has a TTR230, he has never thrown the chain.  You have no business on a bike apparently.

get out of here you old heap of shit is writing condescending posts towards young teenagers what you do to feel better about your-self

1 minute ago, OGxZephyr said:

Nice I started on a jr50 then a kx65 and just got a new 01 rm250!

yeah i was thinking about an rm250