RM250 TOUGH CLUTCH

I just recently got a 2001 RM250, and am having problems with the clutch pulling out, either I so not give it enough throttle and it bogs down and stalls or I give it too much and it wheelies. Is there anything I could change to fix it? Or any tips you guys could give me on pulling out with a racing clutch? - Shaun

On 6/9/2017 at 0:55 PM, OGxZephyr said:

I just recently got a 2001 RM250, and am having problems with the clutch pulling out, either I so not give it enough throttle and it bogs down and stalls or I give it too much and it wheelies. Is there anything I could change to fix it? Or any tips you guys could give me on pulling out with a racing clutch? - Shaun

12oz flywheel weight. And Hinson pro clutch kit. And up the rear sprocket a tooth or two. 

12oz flywheel weight. And Hinson pro clutch kit. And up the rear sprocket a tooth or two. 

thank you!
  • Like 1

Do you notice any difference in clutch action between hot or cold engine? Sometimes the first release on a cold bike is not very predictable...

• Like 1

Do you notice any difference in clutch action between hot or cold engine? Sometimes the first release on a cold bike is not very predictable...

No it's kind of wierd it is better cold than warm

That's one thing with the RM, the clutch engagement is somewhat comparable to a on off switch. If you say it's not worse when cold, maybe try a heavier oil. I like 15w40 in the clutch and transmission in part for a smoother engagement when the bike is hot, but you will notice it gets worse when cold.

• Like 1

That's one thing with the RM, the clutch engagement is somewhat comparable to a on off switch. If you say it's not worse when cold, maybe try a heavier oil. I like 15w40 in the clutch and transmission in part for a smoother engagement when the bike is hot, but you will notice it gets worse when cold.

yeah RMs are wierd